1. The client browser asks the locally configured DNS server for a translation to an IP address.
2. The DNS server round-robins an address resolution request to one of the CSSs.
3. The selected CSS authoritative DNS server (in this example, CSS-0) determines server availability based on the DNS balance type configured for the zone or the domain record as follows:
â¢If CSS-0 determines that the best selection is a name server (NS) record, the CSS begins a recursive query of the name server to determine an authoritative response.
â¢If CSS-0 finds that the best selection is an address record (A-record), it formulates an authoritative response immediately. In this example, CSS-0 decides that the best selection is an A-record (learned through the peer mesh with CSS-1) for a data center in Zone 1.
4. CSS-0 sends an authoritative response that contains the resolved IP address of www.work.com to the client local DNS server.
5. The local DNS server notifies the client that sufficient domain name resolution information is available to establish a data connection to www.work.com.
6. Lastly, the client uses the local DNS server response information (IP address) to connect to a service and starts receiving content. In this example, the best service is located in Zone 1 at IP address 192.168.9.7.
Why do you need native HA: The native HA feature allows two Cisco DCNM
appliances to run as active and standby applications, with their
embedded databases synchronized in real time. Therefore, when the active
DCNM is not functioning, the standby DCNM will...
This document will provide screenshots to outline the steps to setup
TACACS+ configuration to ACI and also the configuration required on
Cisco ACS server. Please find the official Cisco guide for configuring
TACACS+ Authentication to ACI:
Is it supported or NOT supported? It's a frequently asked question.
Before APIC, release 2.3(1f), transit routing was not supported within a
single L3Out profile. In APIC, release 2.3(1f) and later, you can
configure transit routing with a single L3Out pr...