Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

What is the real meaning of RMON rising-threshold value?

The CSS command reference for RMON alarm config parameter 'rising-threshold' describes it as, "Threshold for the rising sample type. Enter an integer from 0 to 4294967295." If the RMON alarm type is 'absolute' and the alarm variable is CPU utilization (apChassisMgrExtCpuUtilization), then exactly what does the integer value represent? I assume that since utilization is a percentage, then the highest integer (4294967295) is equal to 100%, the lowest (0) is 0% and all other values are proportional (e.g., 2147483648=50%). Is my assumption correct?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: What is the real meaning of RMON rising-threshold value?

To set an alarm on any MIB object, use the rmon alarm global configuration command. Use the no form of this command to disable the alarm. rmon alarm number variable interval {delta | absolute} rising-threshold value [event-number] falling-threshold value [event-number] [owner string]

where the rising-thresholdvalue means Value at which the alarm is triggered

Community Member

Re: What is the real meaning of RMON rising-threshold value?

Thanks, Carlos. I understand the command but the actual value is what is puzzling. Given the range of 0 to 4294967295, what do those values represent? If I am monitoring CPU utilization or memory usage, for example, does 4294967295 mean 100%?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content