Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Whats recommended? Running CSS in parallel with or independent of LD?

In migrating from Local Directors to CSS, is it recommended to deplot the CSS to be independent of the local directors? We have a proposed design that maintains the Local Directors as part of the solution, and I feel that may not be the best way, and I wanted to post this here and see what the consensus is.

• Application Networking
1 REPLY

Re: Whats recommended? Running CSS in parallel with or independe

CSS is a superset of LD. CSS does what LD does and much more. CSS strengths lay in L5-L7 ie. NBAR, Flash Crowd insurance with WebNS, Cookie and URL inspection, and TCP intercetpt & splicing of connections to the best server in the server farm. Yes it can do L2, L3, L4 but there are other Cisco products to do this.

I agree the inclusion of LD in your new solution limits you to L4 functionality. My own opinion is that a solution is only as good as the "weakest" component. I would go independant of the LD. Perhaps you can redeploy the LD in another part of the LAN?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.