cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WIA support for servers

bruno.quesnel
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at load balancing some sharepoint servers and so far, they have WIA (windows

INtegrated Authentication) enabled to give appropriate access to content based on the username.  I would like to

do the same to at least be part of the probing for the servers, but so far, I am not successfull.

Is there a way to either make the probe present what the site wants or a patch of some sort that would simulate the same behavior or a login to the site itself.

For now, it is only share point sites, but would like to cover as much as possible any site that would exploit WIA, if possible.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Pablo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bruno,

Unfortunately when you define user/passwd credentials on ACE HTTP probes you can only use basic authentication; no other authentication protocol (NTLM, Kerberos, etc) is supported.

ACE-4710B/Admin(config-probe-http)# credentials  

You could define a expect status of 401 to make the probe to succeed but this is not a feasible solution tough.

Hope this helps
__ __
Pablo
Cisco TAC

Hi

Is the following still true for the latest versions of ACE ?

"ACE doesn't support NTLM authentication".  I am  especially interested with conjunction to probes ?

Thanks

Mickey

Pablo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mickey,

Sorry to break the bad news but it is still true.

As the best of my knowledge uur DEV team is currently evaluating to add NTLM/Kerberos authentication for ACE probing but no real date has been given.

Tnx.

__ __
Pablo

Cisco TAC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: