cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

All email users view quarantined items?

Kswitzer1
Level 4
Level 4

I currently have my appliance set up to strip attachments and replace with a message to contact IT Admin to retrieve. Is there a way to allow all email users

to view details on the quarantined items before contacting the IT Administrator?

2 Replies 2

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kevin,

I am not sure if this would help.  But I found this under the Monitor --> Quarantines menu....

Looks like maybe a way to enable what you want and specifiy users.....

Since I am not the expert, please elaborate of the operation you desire and someone else can chime in....

User_Quar_admin.GIF

jsteer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kevin

the CSVB offers 2 types of quaratine area - one for spam qtn & one for policy qtn.

The policy qtn has access to the quaratine only for designated users with access, as it's typically used for viruses, malware and stuff that end-users shouldn't be able to make a decision on.

The spam qtn area is designed to allow all end-users access to their messages only in the qtn to decide wether it's spam or not. If a message is not spam they can release, however there is no security impact of this spam going into the network.

Most customers give access to helpdesk staff in IT to evaluate & decide wether a message should be released or not as most end-users are not equipped to make this decision.

Some customers route all messages to the spam quarantine to get around this - it's not ideal and not what we would reccomend but it can be done. An example filter to use is below:

euq-all:

if (true)

{insert-header('X-IronPort-Quarantine','force');}

Hope this helps.

jason