cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blocker IPv6 support

wsandkuyl
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently implementing IPv6 in our network and was wondering if the Cisco Blocker supports IPv6 aswell. I haven't found anything by doing a quick Google for it, so I figured I'd ask the experts.

6 Replies 6

wsandkuyl
Level 1
Level 1

Any Cisco people out there who are able to answer this question? We're really pushing towards IPv6 implementation in our network, and email is a big part of this.

Hello,

I'm sorry but as of now IPv6 is not supported by the CSVB. I have no insights in roadmaps or timelines, so I cannot answer if this is on the roadmap for the CSVB or not.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

wsandkuyl
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Has any progress been made with implementing IPv6 into the Cisco Blocker? I've seen a couple of updates roll by, none which mention IPv6 though.

Hello,

I will have to see if this will be in the future road map for the B10 series devices. As you know the Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker (B10 series) is EOL/EOS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/vpndevc/ps10128/ps10131/end_of_life_c51-608743.html

Jason Bryant

Cisco Small Business

Support Engineer

Hello Jason,

Thanks for the update. I was not aware the B10 series device is EOL/EOS. I see the current recommended upgrade is the C160, but that unit is nowhere near equally priced as the B10. Are you aware of any future anti-spam appliances which are roughly equally priced to the B10?

Regards,

Wessel

Hi,

Wessel

At this time there isn't any planed replacment for the B10 at the small business level, the only avaiable upgrade is the C160.

IPv6 isn't going to be supported In B10 series blocker devices.

Jason Bryant

Cisco Support Engineer