Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type.
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:
Get to Know the Sx250 Series Smart Switches
The Cisco Sx250 Series Smart Switches are designed to be easy to configure, manage, and troubleshoot, allowing you to focus on your business priorities. These switches are equipped with a new generation of highly-integrated, cost-effective packet processors targeted for Carrier Ethernet and Small-Medium Enterprise (SME) applications with full wire-speed performance Fast Ethernet (FE) or Gigabit Ethernet (GE) ports, and GE Combo platforms.
The web-based utility allows you to deploy and manage your network efficiently. Setting up and troubleshooting can be done easily with easy-to-use tools such as Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP), FindIT Network Management, and Cisco Smartports, which let your network automatically detect and configure all connected Cisco devices.
This article shows the features and functions of the Sx250 Smart Switches.
Sx250 Series Features
USB Port for image and configuration load or store operations
– Supports USB version 2.0, and support file system of FAT32 for read/write and NTFS for read-only
– The USB port allows backing up and loading configuration files or new image files
– Supports auto-detect 100M or 1000M Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP) modules and auto-configures the correct speed
– The speed of the SFP ports can be manually configured
– Physical Layer (PHY)-less ports do not support 100 Mbps speed
Combo Port Support
– Combo port consists of one RJ45 interface and one Mini-GBIC (SFP) interface
– The SFP interface always takes the precedence over RJ45 Copper interface
– When the device detects the SFP port active, the device will disable the RJ45 port
– LED on phone jack on the RJ45 and the LED shared with the SFP interface
New Supported Features
– Dashboard: Traffic Errors, Port Utilization
– Wizards: Access Control List (ACL)
– Save icon
– Syslog Popup
– Show tech-support
– Counters History/Counters Graph in web-based utility
– sFlow v5