Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you enable Message Tracking?

bashan121
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

We would like to check if this feature is available in the Cisco Blocker.  Thanks in advance and appreciate your kind help!

Best regards,

Fidel Serrano

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Harold, hello Fidel,

additional configuration is not required after enabling the Message Tracking feature. So in this case I'd recommend to open a support case with the STAC so that they can look into this if the tracking database is in an operational state and data is imported to it as expected.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Fidel,

the message tracking feature is also available on the CSVB. You can enable it in the web interface (GUI) under Services -> Message Tracking. Once enabled, you can track the messages using Monitor -> Message Tracking. Please note that you can only track messages that have been received by the CSVB after you've enabled the message tracking feature.

Hope this helps. If not, please feel to post back.

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

My CSVB has been installed and working already for about 1 month. Added to this, Message tracking has already been enabled (Local Service Enabled) since the day the CSVB was installed. When I tried to search a message through GUI > Monitor > Message Tracking, there is always no results found. I am just wondering if I miss some configuration. Please advise on how to possibly resolve this.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Harold

Hi Martin!

Thanks very much for the prompt answer.   Harold is my colleague and so far, we have been able to view only "Search Rejected Connections Only" but for other Messages it yielded no results.  Why is this so?  Thanks very much again for your kind assistance.

Best regards,

Fidel Serrano

Hello Harold, hello Fidel,

additional configuration is not required after enabling the Message Tracking feature. So in this case I'd recommend to open a support case with the STAC so that they can look into this if the tracking database is in an operational state and data is imported to it as expected.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Please be advised that Message Tracking is now working after re-initializing the tracking database.

Thanks for your help! :-)

Regards,

Harold

Martin Eppler
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Harold,

thanks for the update here, this would have been the next step I would have recommended. But before risking to lose a long history of tracking data on some appliances, calling the STAC would be a valid step to take. The STAC might be able to identify and fix the root cause without deleting the entire tracking database. Especially when you have a long history of tracking data that you do not want to easily give up :-)

Just in case someone seeks for the solution in this discussion threat on how to delete the reporting database here: this is done on the Command Line Interface (CLI) with 'diagnostic tracking deletedb'.

Thanks and regards,

Martin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: