Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

How to configure CSVB to allow external mail relay using smtp auth

I want to be able to allow SMTP auth based smtp relay from outside the company (for foreign sub-office).

I can see that this should be possible having checked the manual, but I can't quite seem to get it right; has anyone done this before?

Ideally we would want an LDAP authenticated SMTP auth mechanism - we already have the LDAP authentication in place for the spam quarantine.

Thanks in advance, Paul.

1 REPLY

Re: How to configure CSVB to allow external mail relay using smt

Hello Paul,

I'm sorry but SMTP AUTH with LDAP is not supported by the CSVB. Only SMTP AUTH via Forward (GUI: Network -> SMTP Authentication -> Add Profile) is possible. In this case, the presented AUTH string will be forwarded in a new SMTP session to a (backend) mail server for authentication.

To enable SMTP Authentication, you'll need first of all a SMTP Authentication profile, which needs to be configured on the respective Listener configuration (GUI: Network -> Listeners -> (your listener name) -> SMTP Authentication Profile). Once this step has been completed, you'll need to turn on SMTP Authentication in the respective Mail Flow Policies (GUI: Mail Policies -> Mail Flow Policies -> (Policy in question) -> SMTP Authentication: preferred or required depending on your needs).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Martin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content