We've been using two blockers for a while now, and periodically I've been checking for upgrades of the AsyncOS version. I've noticed that for the past few months I haven't seen any upgrades. We're currently running 6.6.1-016. Is this still the latest version or are there newer versions available?
Thanks. When checking for upgrades in both my blockers it still says "Error - No available upgrades." Any idea why this might be?
Also, is there any sort of changelog available? I'm curious to see what's been fixed in between these two releases.
Found the release notes: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/blocker/blocker7.0/Rel_Notes/Blocker_7.0_MR_RN.pdf
Haha, you beat me to it. Thank you for posting it for anyone who may be looking for the same information.
As for the upgrade not showing anything available, I do not know why it is not available. As a test I upgraded a blocker we have here in the lab and it grabbed the latest update right away. The blocker's ability to update itself is tied into the license. Is your blocker on the 30-day trial period, or does it show a valid licence? (Check your feature keys for how many days are left.)
Hmm good question. Is your blocker behind a firewall that may be only allowing TCP port 25? If so, there may need to be another port opened depending on what port the blocker uses for updating itself. I will see if I can find out what other non-mail related ports the blocker uses. (might be simple FTP)
Both of my blockers are directly connected to the internet, no firewall in between. I have previously upgraded both blockers to newer software versions, so the upgrade process has worked.
Are the upgrades localized? Both my blockers are located in The Netherlands, maybe this might be causing it?
There are not any regional restrictions as I've supported blockers deployed all around the globe. I've heard of another report of a similar situation, I'll bring this up to Ironport and see if they've been getting reports of this also and see what they suggest. I'll come back with an answer as soon as I've got one for you.
I have just confirmed with IronPort that the update was released in stages based on blocks of serial numbers at a time. I'm sure this helps alleviate load on the servers handling the upgrades. Sorry about the delay, but I'm glad you're up to date!