For Q.1, the answer is YES, all of our customers want to scan outbound messages for virus so that their domains are not put into black list of reputation dattabase.
For Q.2, I would say no. I am now doing some search on counfiguration guide for both CSVB and Mail server for this setup. If you have this information, please give me.
In my demo scenario to customer next week, I have only one public IP ( 220.127.116.11/26 ) provided by Hotel where the demo will happen. I have asked DNS hosting agent to change MX record and point to this IP ( 18.104.22.168 ). I set ip address of interface Data 2 of blocker to this ip. I keep the default ip add of interface Data 1 ( or Management ) i.e 192.168.42.42.
Now I connect mail server to the Data 1 interface of blocker and it has thi ip add 192.168.42.41.
My question is how to cinfigure mail server to send out all email ? On mail server, do we need to set the blocker as relay agent ?
thanks for the reply - i was hoping to get some more discussion about how many people were doing this & how easy they were finding it to setup the CSVB.
To setup outbound mail scanning you will need to do 2 things
1. Configure your Exchange/Notes/other mail server to forward all non-local messages to the CSVB. This settings is typically 'Smart relay' or similar and will require a hostname/ip address to forward all non-local mail to.
2. Setup the CSVB to accept mail from the local mail server as an allowed relay.
To setup the CSVB as a relay you will need to:
- Create a new mail flow policy 'relay' with a connection behaviour of relay - you can setup the various connection properties as desired!
- Create a new sendergroup in the Host Access Table called 'Allowed relay' that uses the new mail flow policy setting created above
- Click on the 'submit and add senders' button in the bottom corner and ensure you add the ip address/hostname of the mail server relaying mail to the CSVB
From this point - with a relay action the CSVB knows that any messages will match the Outgoing Mail policy rules where you can setup anti-spam, anti-virus & content filters,
Dont forget to commit the changes and also suggest you backup the configuration file prior to making any changes just in case :)
2015 Cisco Designated VIPs
2015 Spotlight Award Winners
Howard Wittenberg June
Matt Needs May
Brandon Svec April
Jerry Paul March
Samir Darji February
Michal Bruncko Jan...
The Setup Wizard is a built in feature that is used to help with the basic IP configuration on the router to enable it to communicate with other devices. It guides you step-by-step and can be a useful way to configure the device if the use...
The RV345 Dual-WAN VPN Router, part of the RV34x Series, is an easy-to-use, flexible, high-performance, and durable which makes this well suited for small businesses. Now with several added security features such as Web Filtering, Applicat...