Replies

Spam and Virus Blocker - An application fault occurred

danilo.padula
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I've got this message on Spam and Virus blocker:

The Critical message is:

An application fault occurred: ('command_manager/command_client.py send_message|566', "<class 'Commandment.CommunicationError'>", 'mail.sydgram.nsw.edu.au: Network communication error: EOFError', '[_coro.pyx coro._coro._wrap1|733] [writer/file_writer.py _roller|695] [writer/file_writer.py rollover|530] [writer/file_writer.py close|450] [formatter/file_writer.py _logfile_closed|281] [formatter/file_writer.py _export_secondary_file|200] [command_manager/command_client.py quick_read_var_auto_level|652] [command_manager/command_client.py connect|136] [command_manager/command_client.py say_hello|147] [command_manager/command_client.py send_message|566]')

Version: 7.1.3-010
Serial Number: xxxx
Timestamp: 22 Jul 2014 20:25:08 +1000

After some research on the Internet I couldn't find something that explain whats is going on. Do you have any suggestion about what I have to do to troubleshoot this message? tks

Regards

Danilo

3 Replies 3

Dan Miley
Level 3
Level 3

I believe we'll need more info to start troubleshooting...

What is the model of the device?

What other issues are you having?  is the spam blocking working? is mail flowing?

The message 'mail.sydgram.nsw.edu.au: Network communication error: EOFError',   Could indicate network connectivity issues, or possibly permisssions on your mail server.

are there any messages on the server mail.sydgram.nsw.edu.au, or have permissions changed, possibly a mail relay has changed...

Dan

Hi Dan, 

There is no issue with this device, only this message was received once. That is it.

On cisco website there is no clue about log messages for this product. The Error Message Decoder doesn't cover the Spam and virus blocker.

Regard

It is possible the mail server was temporarily unavailable when the device was sending a mail, so it logged this message,

You are correct, about the decoder, and since this device is EOL, I wouldn't expect there to be much support in that area.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: