cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5506W-X wifi not working

cardinal111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have enabled wifi through command line. I see it as hidden network and  could not connect to it. Also, i am not able to get the gui for the Access point. ASA 5506W-X comes with Aironot 702 series AP. And i used the following commands(see attachment) to create and enable wifi.  Please help

5 Replies 5

james.ankrum
Level 1
Level 1

I believe this will help.

6. Enable the Wireless Access Point (ASA 5506W-X) The ASA 5506W-X wireless access point is disabled by default. Connect to the access point GUI so you can enable the wireless radios and configure the SSID and security settings. Before You Begin This procedure requires you to use the default configuration. Procedure 1. On the computer connected to the ASA inside network, launch a web browser. 2. In the Address field, enter http://192.168.10.2. You are prompted for the username and password. 3. Enter the username cisco and the password Cisco. The access point GUI appears. 4. On the left, click Easy Setup > Network Configuration. 5. In the Radio Configuration area, for each of the Radio 2.4GHz and Radio 5GHz sections, set the following parameters and click Apply for each section: — SSID 7 Cisco ASA 5506-X Series Quick Start Guide 7. Launch ASDM — Broadcast SSID in Beacon — Universal Admin Mode: Disable — Security (of your choosing) 6. On the left, click Summary, and then on the main page under Network Interfaces, click the hotlink for the 2.4 GHz radio. 7. Click the Settings tab. 8. For the Enable Radio setting, click the Enable radio button, and then click Apply at the bottom of the page. 9. Repeat for the 5 GHz radio.

I have already tried that. I even used chrome, IE and firefox but the page can't be displayed in all cases. I tried to enable dot11radio0 interface through cmd , still no luck. I simply can not access the GUI for Access point even if i am connected it to inside interface. I have attached image. Is there anything else i could do?

I find it interesting that you are successful in accessing the AP CLI but not via the GUI. How are you accessing the CLI? From the CLI can you do show ip interface brief and post the output?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I made it work thanks for all your help. The IP was 192.168.10.3 even after factory default settings

Thanks for posting back to the forum to tell us that you have resolved the problem. It is interesting that the IP turned out to be 192.168.10.3.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: