Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID shows US number

ithinklinux
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Geeks,

I came across a very weird situation now. This is driving me crazy.

I bought this CISCO SPA122 ATA from some guy from ebay in California, US. When I make a call to my cell phone or any other number locally in Canada, I get a US landline number with area code 714 and I googled it and this area code is from Orange county. Is this something to do with ATA or do I need to call my Voip provider?

Is it possible that this ATA is registered to some VOIP company in US and is in locked to a 714 number? This is weird...I can make and recieve call, but shows a number with 714 area code but I signed up for 905 area code as I am in Toronto. If it is locked how can I unlock it??

I even upgraded the firmware on it. Still no luck. Weird part is once I configure the ATA with my username and password that I got it from my ISP. After it reboots it wont accept the default username and password i.e admin admin to login to the SPA122.

If I reset it to factory defaults then I am able to login via WebUI.....

Please help, guys...

1 Reply 1

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

It sounds like your provider does additional provisioning after you login with your username and pw. 

You mentioned not being able to login with the default admin/admin after this.  Ask your service provider about this.  If you are able to check the web UI afterward, then look at the Subscriber Info afterward to see if that phone number is shown there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: