cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't receive calls on ATA232d

alanauld
Level 1
Level 1

My ATA232D is connected to Ubiquity Edgerouter X.  I have other SIP phones on my network that can send and receive calls without issue.  Since a few days I can not connect to incoming calls. Outgoing calls are still possible.

I have no changes to the spa or the router.  Therefore, I find it strange that these problems have arisen.
I've already updated the firmware, and a backup restored from the period when everything was still working. This has not resolved the problem.

Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So sorry, it seems such interval is not configurable on SPA232D (I has used option value name related to other SPA* model). Just enable NAT keepalive (Line N configuration) and set "Register Expires" low enough to refresh NAT table of your router.

Unfortunately, we know no details of NAT configuration of your router thus we can just guess solution. Ask your local network administrator for help unless you know configuration of your NAT device.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's caused by NAT and/or statefull firewall most of time. Make sure the value of NAT Keep Alive Intvl on SPA232D follows configuration of your NAT/firewall.

I've looked for the KeepAlive value.  Any idea what menu it is under?

So sorry, it seems such interval is not configurable on SPA232D (I has used option value name related to other SPA* model). Just enable NAT keepalive (Line N configuration) and set "Register Expires" low enough to refresh NAT table of your router.

Unfortunately, we know no details of NAT configuration of your router thus we can just guess solution. Ask your local network administrator for help unless you know configuration of your NAT device.

Thanks Dan, that did it.  Thought I was going crazy looking for the settings but found these ones.  All good.  Cheers,

Alan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: