cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot configure SPA112

echeungwlink
Level 1
Level 1

I purchased the SPA112 earlier and cannot configure this unit. I don't know if this unit is defected or not. The power light keep On and OFF, network light is ON.

As I did some other SPA112 units, I entered  the web config page, by entering the IP 192.168.x.x.... it was unable the get into the config page.

I also did reset that unit, still not work.

is anyone know any way to do the config? or is this unit is defected?

Thanks

Eric

9 Replies 9

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Eric, usual behavior should be able to power on the unit on, connect it to a router, obtain an IP on the internet port then be able to configure the device via web browser. You may try to verify the IVR access by **** then 110# to check the IP address is correct or pingable. You may also want to try to reset the unit using 73738 then press 1 to confirm and try again.

You may also try 7932# and 1. This will ensure WAN access is available.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried use IVR, but it is nothing response from the phone.

Our company is VOIP service provider. We purchased lot of SPA112 units, then did the provisioning and shipped to our clients. However, we got three units from retail store and have the same problem: the power light keep blinking, internet light is on, and not able go to the web config page.

I tried to use IVR in a good one, it could tell me the IP, but no response for those three units, and even I did reset.

I also checked DHCP table from our router, there is no IP assigned to the SPA112

Kindly to get your advice,

Eric

Eric, also holding the reset on the back of the unit for 30 seconds does not do anything? Do you know if this is SPA112-R product?

Here is an IVR document that should be relevant to the unit, the admin guide also should have a good list there.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9900

If the unit isn't pulling an IP address at all, you can try to fix this.

Use option 101, 1 to set the WAN to static.

A static IP addresscan be assigned by using option 111# at the IVR, then entering the IP address with your phone's keypad. The network mask can be set with option 121# and the default

gateway can be sent with option 131#

Just remember to dial the * is how to enter a decimal for the IP address so if you choose to manually assign it would be something like  192*168*1*10#

If this doesn't help, not sure what else you may be able to do to make it work.

-Tom

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/

Hi Tom,

I hold reset for 30 second and even tried longer as 60 sec. The problem still same, power light keep blinking.

I don't think I can access IVR options. usually, if I do this under a good unit, as I leave the handset, then press ****,  I can hear touch tone sound, then a greeting message.

However same connection with the the problem one, no touch tone sound while I press *, and no greeting message after ****.

I also tried press option 101, nothing responsed, therefore it is no way to set a static IP

Are those units defected?

Eric

Where are you located? The only time I've not seen the unit respond (unless it is a bad unit) are units in the UK which would require a tip and ring adapter.

But since you said you've had others working fine, it sounds like a bad unit.

-Tom

Hi Tom,

I am in Ontario, Canada.

We purchased more than hundred units in stock, now tested 3 have this problem (2 are CISCO SPA112, one is Linksys PAP2T)

What you mean of "The only time I've not seen the unit respond (unless it is a bad unit)  are units in the UK which would require a tip and ring adapter."??

If those are defected, is it can arrange to have exhange or repair in Canada?

Eric

In the UK they have a different standard, RJ11-BT. The pinout standard is different than the US. If you were in the UK, it would make sense your telephone does not work since it is connecting to a US PCB which does not have a RJ-11 BT tip and ring adapter.

But, since you're in Canada, this shouldn't be any problem. There may be someone who is better versed than myself with the SPA devices, but, in my experience with them, they should just be able to connect in to a DHCP server and be able to be programmed.

Another possibility, you may have a revision batch. If you see a product such as SPA112-R1, the R respresents a product which is registered to a data center which would generally be locked down from configuration.

You may want to call the SBSC and verify the serial number of your unit to ensure you don't have a -R product and additionally see if they have any other ideas why your units are not working.

The number to call the SBSC is 1.866.606.1866.

-Tom

I have a similar problem.  Even ater resetting the unit to factory default, I'm getting a blank web page.  The dhcp stuff is fine (provides an IP address, default gateway etc..).  So there's no way for me to access the unit settings.  

Any clue ?

thanks

Did you upgraded the device to the latest firmware ? The 1.0.2 version distributed with device from factory is so buggy and, in short, it's not usable. Use other broser - it may help.

SPA1xx Firmware Upgrade: No Browse Button

ATA Firmware Upgrade: Browse Button disabled [grayed-out / inactive]

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: