Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Cannot connect to SPA8800 as per the outlined initial config guide

We have just received a SP8800. I have unpacked it and powered it on. The documentation states that the Ethernet address is pre-configured and is 192.168.0.1/24. I have assigned my laptop with an address on this network and cannot connect to this IP address either via Ping and/or the outlined http://192.168.0.1/advanced url in my browser.

Looking further into the documentation, it states that the SPA8800 (if it detects an IP address conflict it will change over to the 192.168.1.0 network. I have also tried connecting to that IP (192.168.1.1) from the 192.168.1.0 network. Still no luck.

I think this is DOA, as it is simply not responding, yet all my LED's are on (Power, Status 2, 3, 4) Phone is N/A and Line is N/A. The LED on Status 1 is blinking intermittently. When I plug the Ethernet cable in the Ethernet LED comes up.

Do I have to configure this thing via a analogue phone?...... I will be trying this tomorrow, but wanted to know if anyone has had a similar issue and if they found a fix. I have followed the guides and manuals so I can only assume this is faulty.

1 REPLY

Cannot connect to SPA8800 as per the outlined initial config gui

Okay……..all sorted. After finding an analogue handset and bringing it into the office I configured the SPA8800 via the IVR. This confirms that the SPA8800 did not come shipped preconfigured with 192.168.0.1 on the Ethernet interface as per the Getting Started Guide.......... A nice waste of time.

So if you have received a SPA8800 that you can’t connect to, just configure it with a analogue handset.

PS: I just love the IP address listed in the SPA8800 Quick start Guide Section 4, under TIPS. "Press these keys: 191*168*1*105".......... Clearly this document has gone through a thorough QA process. 

Views
Helpful
Replies