cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot find IP address of SPA112

arsen0001
Level 1
Level 1

I bought the SPA112 several days ago and cannot configure it. The issue is that i cannot find a dynamically assigned IP address from ATA.

IVR is not connecting , DHCP server is not showing connected device (DHCP server is configured normally, I connect my PC and get an IP)

.Internet Light is ON and Power light is ON.

Also I cannot reset the device.

Does anyone know any way to do the config?

1 Reply 1

Dan Miley
Level 3
Level 3

if it is under hardware warranty, and you cannot get into it at all. It is possible the unit has failed, and there's not much that can be done about it.  go to the Cisco site, hover over support --> open or view cases, create a case there, then call in with an existing case.  phone numbers here 

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

You could do a packet capture (wireshark is a good tool) and if the device has a static IP address, there should be an ARP broadcast packet coming out.  Then set a static IP on your pc on the same subnet.   You should then be able to get to the GUI...

If it is provisioned and locked down, that can prevent factory reset, and in that case you should return it to the place of purchase for one that works.  or ask them for the password.

If you used a credit card and the vendor will not give you one that works, you can reverse the charge with them.

Hope it helps,

Dan