Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Spa122 - Outbound calls are unavailable

jose.mneves
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure my new Cisco SPA122 and until now I can only receive calls. When I try to make a call the phone turn off immediately the call.

Is there any option that I'm missing, to let me make calls?

I have enabled port forward and even put the SPA122 on DMZ of my router Asus...

Can anyone help me?

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Somewhat vague description of issue, thus countless possible causes ...

Wrong dial plan, firewall, misconfigured NAT, call rejected by provider ...

Turn on syslog&debug of voice application, capture SIP pakets between ATA and operator. It will help us to analyze the issue.

Hello Dan Lukes,

thank you for your fast reply.

I have turned on the Log and I got the message attached to this comment.

What exactly this message means?

Hello, I want to make a quick update but the problem still goes on. I can not make calls but I can receive calls.

- I have the most updated version of firmware: 1.4.1 (002) Oct 26 2015;

- I disable the service Bonjour and the error daemon.err have disapeared;

- At the moment the log does not describe any error;

- I had this voip number configured on a program X lite and it was working perfectly. Only when I configured on CISCO SPA122 it just don't work now;

What do you mean with misconfigured NAT? Which configuration probably is missing?

Do you want me do use wireshark? I don't have much experience with this program. I will try to search for the information you requested on this program.

So, I have installed wireshark but I don't find any error connection with the IP address of the CISCO SPA122.

Any tips?

Attached you can find the log file updated.

I have used today X-Lite again and with the program can make calls, so I know for sure that it is only Cisco SPA122 that can not make calls and can only receive!

Hello, Thank you for your help!

I manage to find the problem... The SIP port needs to be 5061 and I had another one :)

Thank you!!!

It's the system log. We need log of voice application (as mentioned). Read Debug and syslog Messages from SPA1x2

The messages needs to be sent to a computer running either syslog server or wireshark.(which can capture them as well). If you will use wireshark, attach the saved .pcap file (renamed to .txt).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: