Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Spa122 - Outbound calls are unavailable

jose.mneves
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure my new Cisco SPA122 and until now I can only receive calls. When I try to make a call the phone turn off immediately the call.

Is there any option that I'm missing, to let me make calls?

I have enabled port forward and even put the SPA122 on DMZ of my router Asus...

Can anyone help me?

6 Replies 6

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Somewhat vague description of issue, thus countless possible causes ...

Wrong dial plan, firewall, misconfigured NAT, call rejected by provider ...

Turn on syslog&debug of voice application, capture SIP pakets between ATA and operator. It will help us to analyze the issue.

Hello Dan Lukes,

thank you for your fast reply.

I have turned on the Log and I got the message attached to this comment.

What exactly this message means?

Hello, I want to make a quick update but the problem still goes on. I can not make calls but I can receive calls.

- I have the most updated version of firmware: 1.4.1 (002) Oct 26 2015;

- I disable the service Bonjour and the error daemon.err have disapeared;

- At the moment the log does not describe any error;

- I had this voip number configured on a program X lite and it was working perfectly. Only when I configured on CISCO SPA122 it just don't work now;

What do you mean with misconfigured NAT? Which configuration probably is missing?

Do you want me do use wireshark? I don't have much experience with this program. I will try to search for the information you requested on this program.

So, I have installed wireshark but I don't find any error connection with the IP address of the CISCO SPA122.

Any tips?

Attached you can find the log file updated.

I have used today X-Lite again and with the program can make calls, so I know for sure that it is only Cisco SPA122 that can not make calls and can only receive!

Hello, Thank you for your help!

I manage to find the problem... The SIP port needs to be 5061 and I had another one :)

Thank you!!!

It's the system log. We need log of voice application (as mentioned). Read Debug and syslog Messages from SPA1x2

The messages needs to be sent to a computer running either syslog server or wireshark.(which can capture them as well). If you will use wireshark, attach the saved .pcap file (renamed to .txt).