Cisco Support Community
Community Member

compatability of SPA3102, spa303 and asa5505

Hi Everyone,

I have a question about hooking up a analog phone line thru a IP network.  I have a Frontier analog PSTN phone line I need to connect up to a IP phone about 5 miles away.  After talking with the online web chat folks from Cisco Im now confused.  First I was told no problem, buy a SPA3102 and get a SPA303 phone.  Took tech supports advice and did that.  Phone is here and the 3102 ordered yesterday and on its way.  Today Im asking about application notes on hooking up a ip phone to the 3102 over the ethernet and a analog phone line to its analog line port. Today I was told it will not work and to look in to the UC500 series hardware instead of the 3102.  So Im getting conflicting answers and have a limited budget and time to get this going.   

First question is it possible to do this with the hardware I have(will have shortly)?  SPA3102 and SPA303?

If yes, are there any application notes on doing this for both devices?  Basically I want the spa303 to act like a standard phone plugged into the analong line.  Make and receive calls, caller ID, call waiting, etc. 

Third, if the above are possible.  The distance.  I have a ubiquiti bridge built that is working and pasing data.  I have a ASA 5505 connected to one end of the bridge and the SPA303 on the otherside of the firewall.  What kind of ports and port forwarding would I need to enable to get data to pass back and forth between the 3102 and the 303 going thru the 5505?

Frontier analog phoneline --- SPA3102-- IP network subnet1 -- radio <--5 miles--> radio--IP network subnet 1 -- ASA5505 -- (protected side of asa) IP network subnet 2-- spa303. 

Thank you

Everyone's tags (2)
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Wrong forum, post in "Small Business voice - SPA phones". You can move your posting with the Actions panel on the right.

Community Member

Sorry though this was the correcct area for voice over IP questions. 

CreatePlease to create content