Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure SPA8800 for inbound calls in switzerland

crazygabry
Level 1
Level 1

Good Evening,

i have a problem with this gateway, i'm able to make correctly outbound calls but if i receive an inbound call from the pstn line it doesn't answer.. I saw that the psnt status reamains on "idle".

I'm in Swizterland (Lugano). How can i manage that?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Line voltage, ring voltage, line impedance. Infortunatelly, I have no SPA8800 here, so I can't tell what's configurable nor names of configuration parameters.

But you should verify that problem is with ring detection first. SPA may detect ring correctly, but decide not to pick up. Inspect syslog and debug output ...

Saving debug/syslog traces

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Wrong line setting may cause ring is not recognized. Unfortunatelly, I know no correct setting for your Telco operator. Wait for someone's reply here or ask your operator for PSTN line specification. Also, seller of SPA8800 should support you. The European Telecomunication Standard ETS 300 001, table 1.7.9 (and others) may help you as well.

Now something completelly different. Are you sure you have call routing set properly ? If incomming calls have nowhere to go, then it will not be answered. Turn on syslog, debug log and catch them. It may reveal you something helpfull.

Hello,

the post you say ion voxilla is mine i tried to call Swisscom and they aren't able to help me

Can you tell me witch parameters are importart for the ring detection?

Thanks and regards

Line voltage, ring voltage, line impedance. Infortunatelly, I have no SPA8800 here, so I can't tell what's configurable nor names of configuration parameters.

But you should verify that problem is with ring detection first. SPA may detect ring correctly, but decide not to pick up. Inspect syslog and debug output ...

Saving debug/syslog traces

Thank you for the reply!

It was a cable problem (PIN mismatch)

Solved

Improper wiring that allow outgoing calls but block ring detection ? Wonderfull.

It sound almost imposible, so I'm curious. May be if TE is improperly wired between 'a' and ground instead of 'a' and 'b'.

Can you describe your's improper wiring ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: