Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect two SPA8800 together

benoit.bouch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two Cisco SPA8800 and I want to make them work together to transport an analog line throught an IP network. I searched on the net and the admin guide and I've found anything that could help me so I'm asking you some help.

So, I have one analog line in my first SPA8800 (in the line 1). I have another SPA8800 on the same network and I want to be able to pick up the phone (phone 1) and take the analog line on the first gateway. I also want to be able to call the phone number of the analog line and answer with the phone.

I tried to work with Dial Plan, I tried many things but nothings worked.

I've already did it a few month ago between two Multitech device but it was a lot easier than the Cisco.

Thanks for your help.

12 Replies 12

nseto
Level 6
Level 6

The following link is probably what you are looking for.

http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/spa_backtoback_2x_spa3000.pdf

Thanks but I've already tried it. It's working very well but I need more thant that. With this config, I can make and recieve call with only one line. I need to have 4 lines and 4 phones and this config doesn't seem to allow it.

Does it exist a way to adapt this config to be able to use 4 lines?

Thanks

benoit.bouch
Level 1
Level 1

Ok i've found how to do it. It might be usefull for other people so I will tell how to do it.

To make it work with one line, I had to follow the How To right here http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/spa_backtoback_2x_spa3000.pdf

Once its done for the first line and phone, apply to the dial plan the SIP port of the line or phone.

For example, according to the "How To" file, the dial plan for the remote SPA is supposed to be (S0<:81.187.73.20>) but now it must be (S0<:81.187.73.20:5061>). 5061 is the SIP port of the Line 1 of the SPA that push the PSTN line to the remote SPA.

I did it for all 4 lines and its working very well.

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me with a similar setup.   We Have two SPA 8800's connected over a VPN between two sites.   each site has the PHONE 1-4 connected to the CO Ports on the phone system and the LINES are connected to Analog station ports (extensions), right now with IP Dialing we pick up a CO Line and it rings the CO line on the other end.  we would like to pick up a CO line (Phone X site A) and be connenected to Extension (Line X Site B).

I have read the documents and other link in this thread, but it not working.

Thanks in advance for your help

Here is my note I took to program those equipments. One of our tech who didn't kown those equipments at all was able to configure them with no trouble. Hope you understant French. just in case: translate.google.com would be usefull

Configuration des Cisco SPA8800

• Entrez en mode de configuration Administrateur avancé
    En haut à droite de la fenêtre, cliquez sur « Admin Login » puis « advanced »
    Entrez le mot de passe au besoin
  • Ensuite, il faut configurer les adresses IP statiques dans les multiplexeurs.
    Network -> Wan Status

Multiplexeur local

Line 1

• NAT Mapping Enable: Yes
  • Make Call Without Reg: Yes
    Permet de faire des appels sans enregistrement SIP
  • Ans Call Without Reg: Yes
    Permet de recevoir des appels sans enregistrement SIP
  • Dial Plan 8: (S0<:Adresse_IP_distant:Port_distant>)
    Dit à l’équipement l’adresse de l’équipement à laquelle il doit se connecter.
  • PSTN Caller Default DP: 8
    Désigne le Dial Plan du point précédent comme Dial Plan par défaut
  • PSTN Answer Delay: 0
    Le multiplexeur transfert l’appel sans attendre. La valeur inscrit est en secondes.

Multiplexeur Distant

Phone 1

• NAT Mapping Enable: yes
  • Make Call Without Reg: Yes
    Permet de faire des appels sans enregistrement SIP
  • Ans Call Without Reg: Yes
    Permet de recevoir des appels sans enregistrement SIP
  • Dial Plan: (S0<:Adresse_IP_distant:Port_distant>)
    Dit à l’équipement l’adresse de l’équipement à laquelle il doit se connecter.
  • Enable IP Dialing: Yes
    Permet au multiplexeur de passer des appels sur IP

Liste des ports

Phone 1: 5060
Phone 2: 5160
Phone 3:5260
Phone 4:5360
Line 1: 5061
Line 2: 5161
Line 3: 5261
Line 4: 5361

Exemples de Dial Plan

Adresse IP du multiplexeur local : 192.168.1.100
Adresse IP du multiplexeur distant : 192.168.1.101

Le téléphone 1 du multiplexeur distant appelle la ligne 1 du multiplexeur local
Dans Phone 1 -> Dial Plan: (S0<:192.168.1.100:5061>)

Le téléphone 2 du multiplexeur distant appelle la ligne 2 du multiplexeur local
Dans Phone 2 -> Dial Plan: (S0<:192.168.1.100:5161>)

La ligne 2 du multiplexeur distant appelle le téléphone 2 du multiplexeur distant
Dans Line 2 -> Dial Plan 8: (S0<:192.168.1.101:5161>)

Ok, Made all the programming entries.  but they strange thing is when  pick up Phone 1 it picks up line 1 on the same box, not the remote one.   even though the dial plan points to the remote box...

any thoughts?

Ok. Make sure that in the Phone X config on the remote device, in the dial plan, you put the IP address of the local device. Same thing for Line X in the local device. The IP address in the dial plan has to be tha ip address of the remote device. Look at my examples.

Just to be sure, in my last message, "Distant" means "Remote".

Translated example:

IP Address of the local device: 192.168.1.100
IP address of the remote device : 192.168.1.101

Phone 1 of the remote device calling the line 1 of the local device
In Phone 1 -> Dial Plan: (S0<:192.168.1.100:5061>)

Phone 2 of the remote device calling the line 2 of the local device
Dans Phone 2 -> Dial Plan: (S0<:192.168.1.100:5161>)

Line 2 of the local device calling Phone 2 of the remode device.
In Line 2 -> Dial Plan 8: (S0<:192.168.1.101:5161>)

Also make sure that the parameter "PSTN Caller Default DP" value in the local device is the number of your dial plan pointing to the remote device.

this Is making me crazy...

Picking up Line 1 On the remote box - 192.168.16.2 -

trying to call the line 1 on the Other box... i get invalid call...

i have checked all the setting 10 times..  is there something with the registration? Proxy? 

Phone 1 Status
Hook State: Off Registration State: Not Registered
Last Registration At: Next Registration In:
Message Waiting: No Call Back Active: No
Last Called Number: Last Caller Number:
Mapped SIP Port:
Call 1 State: Invalid Call 2 State: Idle
Call 1 Tone: Reorder Call 2 Tone: None
Call 1 Encoder: Call 2 Encoder:
Call 1 Decoder: Call 2 Decoder:
Call 1 FAX: Call 2 FAX:
Call 1 Type: Outbound Call 2 Type:
Call 1 Remote Hold: No Call 2 Remote Hold:
Call 1 Callback: No Call 2 Callback:
Call 1 Peer Name: Call 2 Peer Name:
Call 1 Peer Phone: 192.168.26.2:5061

Dial Plan
Dial Plan:
Enable IP Dialing: Emergency Number:

Phone 1 Settings.

Dial Plan
Dial Plan:
Enable IP Dialing: Emergency Number:

Ok. First, you can't make a call Line 1 to Line 1. It's impossible I think. Usually, connect a PSTN line into the line 1 port in your local device. You connect both devices together on your network and you plug your phone in the Phone 1 port in the remote device. The goal is to pick the phone on the remote device and be able to use the phone line on the device 1.

In the local device, in the Line 1, follow what I sent before. Same thing for Phone 1 in the remote device. In your config, The remote phone 1 has to call the local line 1 in the dial plan. On the other side, the local line 1 has to call the remote phone 1.

You can also try this

http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/spa_backtoback_2x_spa3000.pdf. It's the same thing but it works only for phone 1 to line 1. You have to add port number in the dial plan to be able to use all ports.

Good luck.

Please check my reply below to the original post.

Had the same poblem with connecting SPA3102 Phone1 port to SPA8800 PSTN port.

SPA8800 PSTN ports were connected to analog extension ports of PBX Panasonic KX-TDA100. Configuration of both devices were done with this document. Calls from PBX to Phone connected to the SPA3102 were successfull, but calls in reversed direction were invalid.

I were found that the voltage of PBX extension line is 29V when the Line-in-Use Voltage parameter on the International Control section of PSTN Lines on the SPA8800 were 30V minimum! I were change that parameter to 28V and all works fine for now!

Regards!

Ahmed Batoaq
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a working soulution that I have made:

LOCAL SPA8800 with attached PHONES (FXS): 192.168.2.200

REMOTE SPA8800 with attached PSTN LINES (FXO) : 192.168.2.201

When I was trying to make this setup, I faced same problem as Jamie Lunsk faced. My prbolem was mismatch of Line Voltage in the Info TAB and the Line-In-Use Voltage at the end of the Line2 TAB. When I made the second one sam as the first, things worked with me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: