cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DDNS error on WRP400 with firmware version: 2.00.26

fuzesisz
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently upgraded my WRP400 with the latest firmware (2.00.26) and found that the DDNS updating function with dyndns.org is stopped.

I made tests with the previous firmwares (2.00.20 and even with the old 1.01.00) and DDNS updating works with these older firmwares and stops immediately when the new 2.00.26 firmware is applied.

The reason why I need to upgrade to the latest fw, because I have the very annoying issue with the WRP400's stoppages. The release notes for the .26 firmware tells this is fixed now. btw, after the fw update it has stopped only once in 3 days...(!) but this is far better than the daily 2 or more stops...

I need the DDNS service, and I want a stop-free router at the same time. I know, our world is not that easy today, but please...

11 Replies 11

nuno
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Szabolcs,

I do have the same problem.

I do use more them 10 WRP400 devices, and I am still using fw 2.00.20 due to the DDNS problem.

WRP400 could be a very nice device, but it simply doesn't performs as it should. And in my opinion, the list of supported USB modems is simply to short.

I am already considering chaning from supplier and try to find a different and working solution in the market.

I also found out that the router, from time to time need to be reseted (it simply stops performing as it should). So, as there is no auto reset option, I need o use Plug In Timers to reset them once every day.

So, as you can see, I also would like to see a solution for this problem...

I can confirm this problem for the WRP400_2.00.26_ETSI firmware using dyndns.org.

Does anyone knows if Cisco is already working in a solution for this problem?

The first postage in this forum was in April 2011, and we are already in Octuber and no indications for a solution.

Does Cisco have anyone lokking to this forum ?

There is any one from Cisco that could inform the clients about any development?

As I already mentioned, we do have 10 WRP400, and we don't plan to buy any more without having a solution for this problem.

Hi Nuno, SZABOLCS FUZESI, niller2009,

I am sorry that no one replied earlier, but a defect has been opened on this, and has been forwarded to the developent team.  We will keep you posted when the development team resolves or provides feedback.  Thanks for your patience, and let me reiterate that we are truly sorry that no one provided feedback to you.

Best regards,

Julio

Nuno, please send me an email if you'd like to test our fix.  I'll give you a link to download it from.  Thanks.  My email is nseto at cisco.com

Any news on an updated firmware?

Hi Niller2009,

As you can see in November Cisco sent me a fix for this problem.

I started to test it in 1 of my WRP400 and it was OK.

Then I installed it in all my WRP400 and up to the moment I found no problem.

I supposed that Cisco already made tis fix available in their webpage, but IO guess I was wrong.

BR

Nuno

Thanks Nuno,

Seems like the update has not been made available yet from the downloads section where 2.00.26 is still listed as the latest:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282414113&flowid=5967&softwareid=282463656&release=2.00.26&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Hope that the update will be released soon.

I've been informed that dev/marketing wants to fix two other bugs before posting this release.

is there any ETA about the new firmware?

thanks.

Ros

2.00.30 is now available for download for those that didn't notice it yet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: