cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Has anyone successfully made the SPA8000 work with a Virtual PBX program? How easy was it?

Luvcreole1
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a SPA8000 that I'm trying my hardest to get a Virtual PBX program called Axon, from NCH to work on. I have a VoiP provider that I'm using the SPA8000 for, and as long as I set up the ATA to Proxy to the VoiP provider, it works great. Only problem is, it only works on one line at a time, and I cannot switch a call to any other line without hanging up, moving to that line, then replacing the call. I need a way to transfer calls from between the 8 ports, or to create a ring group. When I try to get the SPA to Proxy towards Axon, configuring all the Sip/Extension I.D. info, etc...I can't get Axon to interface with the SPA, but I can get Axon to interface and recognize the VoiP servers. No one at NCH (software maker of Axon) or my VoiP has tried Axon on the SPA8000, but they have seen it done on the SPA3000/3102 series. Has anyone tried to do a Virtual PBX on their 8000? If so, was it as difficult as it seems to be, or am I missing something? Can the 8000 be configured to cross connect it's own POTS lines like a PBX if a Virtual one doesn't work? (I know this is a lot of questions, but this is nerve wracking. I'm sooo close to getting this as I need...yet missing it!)

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, try "small business voice - ATA and gateways".

Done. Sorry, thought since it was about IP phone service, (at least in a nominal way) IP telephony was the place to put it. But this will work too. Especially if it gets a correct answer faster....