cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I add another phone set to my SPA 122 ATA and get it to work?

mujidah01
Level 1
Level 1

Please can someone tell me how to add another phone set to the second port of my SPA 122 ATA? I have tired everything (including chatting online with Cisco's technical support a few hours ago) but nothing seems to work.The phone just refuses to give a dial tone, or receive calls or dial out. And when I plug the old (working) phone in this port too, it too stops working. The phone I'm trying to connect to the SPA 122 ATA is a Motorola DECT phone.

Thanks

10 Replies 10

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Laolu,

The ATA has two lines. You need to have a separate line registered to your provider (or another provider) for the second port to be active. In many cases the second port is used for a fax number and the first port for a phone.

- Marty

Thanks for the response Marty. I did that too and it didn't work.

Laolu,

Try your Line 1 credentials on Line 2 and see if it works.

- Marty

Hi Marty,

I'll do that and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

Line 1 username should be UNIQUE to Line 2.

Line 1 and Line 2 CANNOT be the same username. 

Hi Leo,

I used two different userID and got an error message ( Internal Server error 500) when I tried to submit.

Hi Marty,

I did as you advised and it gave me an error message; "Internal server error (500).Server error, please try again later."

What is your ATA 122 firmware?

I don't know;where can I find that info?

I don't know;where can I find that info?

The easiest way to determine is the front screen, before you log in.  The version of the firmware you are using should be on the left-hand side of the login screen.

If you are asking this question, I am fairly certain you are using a fairly old firmware.

Go to the Cisco website and download the latest one.

I used two different userID and got an error message ( Internal Server error 500) when I tried to submit.

And what browser are you using?