cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I delete the Voicemail message from the screen of an SPA302D

dglacey100
Level 1
Level 1

I have two SPA302D handsets registered to an SPA232D base.

My voip provider (voipfone.co.uk) provides a voicemail service.

If a call is not answered, it is picked up by the voicemail system.  A voicemail icon appears on the SPA302D with the number of messages in the voicemail box.

However, I cannot find any way to clear the voicemail icon from the screen.  I have listened to the voicemails, and deleted them from the voipfone system, but can see no way to clear the Voicemail message from the screen  of the SPA302D handset.  I have Goggled the question and searched this forum but have not found anything.

Has anyone encountered this problem, or have any suggestions for removing the message?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have no problem to turn on and of the display's voicemail announcement as long as appropriate  SIP NOTIFICATION are sent from PBX's side.

So, catch the SIP messages between your provider and the SPA232D base station. Verify that SIP NOTIFY with the content 'Messages-Waiting: no' arrived from your provider. Ask your provider for help if no such message arrived - the issue is not SPA232D issue.

Otherwise - paste content of such message and adapter's reply here. Turn on syslog and debug messages and catch them as well. They are valuable source of information and will help you/us to analyze the issue.

I assume you are running latest firmware (1.3.3(15) on SPA232D, 2.62 on SPA302D)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have no problem to turn on and of the display's voicemail announcement as long as appropriate  SIP NOTIFICATION are sent from PBX's side.

So, catch the SIP messages between your provider and the SPA232D base station. Verify that SIP NOTIFY with the content 'Messages-Waiting: no' arrived from your provider. Ask your provider for help if no such message arrived - the issue is not SPA232D issue.

Otherwise - paste content of such message and adapter's reply here. Turn on syslog and debug messages and catch them as well. They are valuable source of information and will help you/us to analyze the issue.

I assume you are running latest firmware (1.3.3(15) on SPA232D, 2.62 on SPA302D)

Thank you very much for that information.  

After some more testing it seems that the voipfone system generates the correct SIP NOTIFY message if I delete the voicemail from the phone (i.e. I call the voicemail system using the handset, listen to the message, then select the option to delete the messsage).

However, if I log-on to the voipfone system and delete the voicemail from the mailbox using the on-line system, no SIP NOTIFY message is generated.

I have raised this with voipfone for them to address, since I agree there is no problem with the SPA232D.

I am using firmware v1.3.4 on the SPA232D and v2.6.4 on the SPA302D.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: