Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Initial configuration of SPA2012

I did a factory reset of my SPA2012 VOIP adapter, I assume it sets the device to DHCP

I connected it to my switch via the YELLOW RJ45 port. 

Then I use IPSCANNER to find the device. I located the device by way of the MAC address but it seems to share the same IP address as my HITRON router (192.168.0.1)

When I type 192.168.0.1 into my browser I get the login page for the HITRON router, not the the SPA2012.

PLEASE HELP! I need to configure the device -- I have no phone!!!

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

try plugging your pc into the

try plugging your pc into the yellow port, only plug the pc into the spa2102, no internet port, no wireless on the pc.  your pc should get an IP address on the 192.168.0.x network

go in your browser to http://192.168.0.1

click admin then

click advanced

go into the gui,

router tab --> lan setup --> lan ip address  specify an address range that's not on the same network as the other router.

go into router tab --> Wan setup  and enable the wan web server (this will allow you to get to the ATA from your main network.

then plug the "internet" port into your lan note the dhcp address on the status tab, or set a static.

enter the proxy, username and password in line 1 and you should be registered

look under voice --> status to see registration status or see if you have dial tone.

Dan

Views
Helpful
Replies