Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

is my SPA1001 dead?

I was configuring my SPA1001 few months ago and i didn't complete the setup at that time. Now i got some time to work on it and i hooked it up with my router and phone. When i try to get into setup by dialing ****, it does not respond. All i hear is dead sound. I also tried to reset it by dialing ****73738# but that didn't work either.

My phone is hooked up with the device but it says NO LINE(I DON'T KNOW IF THAT IS NORMAL)

I don't remember if i used the same phone set last time but is true that the phone set has to be analog? My phone is DECT 6. is that the reason why it is unresponsive or my SPA1001 is simply dead?

if it's really my SPA1001 which has problem, can i hard reset it because soft resetting is not working.

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: is my SPA1001 dead?

Do you have a regular corded phone that you can attach to the device?

Also, what is the blink pattern of the LED on the device?

Community Member

THANKS FOR REPLYING.

I DON'T HAVE A REGULAR PHONE RIGHT NOW.

THE POWER LED(ORANGE LIGHT - BOTTOM ONE) IS ALWAYS ON. THE OTHER ONE DOESN'T TURN ON.

Community Member

If the other light doesn't blink at all when you have an ethernet cable plugged in, then it sounds dead.  If this unit was purchased less than a year ago, please contact http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html for RMA help.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content