Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Issues with installing and configuring my SPA122

Hi everyone,

I have a question about my SPA122 device.

I recently buyed it to solve some phone issues. I was told that this device could line up your phones and make you able by internet.

You would need the SPA122 case and something called a SIP adress. We where told to convert our phone number to a SIP number so we could keep our number. So i did that and got the information for our numbers. I also recieved the case. But now i ask my self, how do i instal it. I plugged in my cables the correct way and browsed to the Phone Adapter Configuration Utility to set my settings. They asked me to fill in:

- Proxy

- Display Name

- Password

- User ID

They also asked for a dial plan but that was already filled in.

Now i think i filled those thing in correctly but i still cannot make phonecals so something must have gone wrong.

In the email i recieved with all the information about my SIP stuff i founs a proxy. So i filled that in for Proxy.

The email also contained a username which was just my phone number so i thought that up for Display name

I also found a password in the email. Just simply put that for password

And i used my phone number with a + added in front of it as User ID.

Now as i write this i see chances that this would work are very little, So can someone help me figuring out what i should fill in for the configuration?

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

Hello,  These are the steps

Hello,  These are the steps for basic configuration on a SPA 122 with a ITSP contract:

Connect your SPA 122 using a port from your Router/Modem to the Internet Port located in the back of the SPA 122

Connect your PC to the Ethernet port on the SPA and make sure it has DHCP enable (no static IP )

Once your PC receives an IP (192.168.15.x)  got a browser and type 192.168.15.1  (default IP for the SPA - 122)

Login using the default settings (admin/admin)

You can use the Quick setup or the Line 1 settings under the Voice tab;  the 3 fields necessary to fill out are the following:

Proxy:  (proxy provided by ITSP)  Some providers might use a second Proxy (outbound) ex: IINET Australia.  

User ID :  (usually is the telephone number) Also provided by the ITSP

Password:   Provided by the ITSP

*The Display name can be left blank*

After all the settings are typed. make sure you save the configuration.

That is all you need to make and receive calls.  Further settings might be changed but might need special instructions from the ITSP

Views
Helpful
Replies