cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys PAP2 Config

Silver122
Level 1
Level 1

I have a internet voip service and want to use it with my Linksys Adapter as a SIP device. I did the following steps to config Linksys PAP2 device, but have problem, hope get help:

1. Connect line2 of my regular analog phone to wall phone jack to send and receive phone by regular phone service

2. Connect line1 of my regular analog phone to line1 of Linksys

3. Dial **** through line1, then follow by 110#

4. The configuration message told me that my PAP2 IP address is 192.168.0.8

5. I tired to open web brower with this IP address to open Linksys config page, but

6. The internet can't display the webpage.

Does any one can tell me know how to use a Linksys PAP2 device to be with internet voip service?

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir

PAP2 is a two FXS port device, i.e. you can connect two analog phones, not possible to connect analog PSTN lines to it. You need SPA3102 for achieving what you want to do.

Regards;
Alberto

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

I have a internet voip service and a Linksys Phone Adapter, I want to make a phone call by using my real phone through voip service not by computer (now I am using computer to make calls with voip service). I checked the device, it didn't say any thing else, only "Linksys Phone Adapter", I am not sure is it a SPA3102 or not. But under someone's help, it did work before. I had two lines and both could make phone calls through voip service (same voip service). later I disconnected it to use normal analog phone only. Now I want it back, and only need one line, but I can't remember how it was connected. Could you please help me out? On the back of device, there are SN. and AMC numbers.

Thanks.

I followed the link of instruction, reset PAP2 to factory default and get a new IP address. Then I can open this webpage which is Linksys configration page. But as you said, it needs user name and password to login as Admin to do config. I tried my Voip Service username and password, that doesn't work. I don't know where can I ask for such information, should I ask my Voip Service?

Thanks.

It possible that I relocked it by reset it to factory default. Is anyone know how to unlock it?

I called Linksys and Vonage that I bought Linksys PAP2. According their knowledge, after reset back to factory default, the user name and password should back to default. But that doesn't work by using default values. I think, may be the reset didn't success. Because I got two options after dial ****, one is 73738#, one is 877778#. In both cases, the message said to press 1 to confirm, but after I press 1, there was no confirmation about reset is done. In both cases, username and password don't work.

Does anyone have idea about this case? Does anyone know what is the correct option to reset?

You are confirming the reset when you press 1.

Once you press 1, the box commences the reset by itself.

If the box you have is a Vonage box, and you will be using it with Vonage, I don't think they allow the user to make configuration changes to its settings.

I called Vonage and Linksys, told the S/N and MAC, both of them gave me the same username and password, but still can't login. What is the other possible problem there? I don't get it.