Views
Helpful
Replies

Missed Call/Call History Bug - Returned call goes out wrong extension

Reilly Chase
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SPA514G

When a call is missed on extension 2 for example, in the call history it is indicated that the intended extension the call was sent to by [E2]<number of missed call>

for extension 2 for example.

The problem is, when I press "Dial" to return the missed call, which is indicated that it was sent to extension 2, the call is sent out extension 1. Why does the call not send out extension 2's line and how do i fix?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is Video Over IP, you probably want to move this to the SMB area.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is Video Over IP, you probably want to move this to the SMB area.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Solved. User-error. To call back from the extension that was called, press the LINE KEY of the extension that you wan to callback from while the missed call is selected.

Example:

A phone has 2 line keys: 200 and 201

100 calls me at line 201

I miss the call

I return to my desk and see I missed a call, and look at my call history

I see [EX 2] 100, letting me know that I missed a call from 100 and he called my extension 2 (201)

To call 100 back from 201, While "[EX 2] 100" is selected in my missed call list, I press the second line key and the call dials.

The problem I had was that on the last step I was pressing "Dial" softkey which selected the first line and sent the call out from ext 200 in the example. In real life 200 and 201 represent 2 different DIDs with different business departments associated with each.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: