Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Missed DTMF -is it the ATA

My IVR system fails to capture one or more DTMF when 10 digit numbers are entered, probably 7 out of 10 times.  Hookup is Cable modem to SPA2102 to Dialogic board and Teleflow software.  Software support says software OK, VOIP provider says it must be the board.  I have no dialogic support.  Is there something I can do to adjust the SPA2102

Everyone's tags (4)
2 REPLIES

Re: Missed DTMF -is it the ATA

What Codec is your SPA2102 using to process the calls?

What DTMF method is it set to use?

Does it matter where the incoming calls originate from?  For example, are the incoming DTMF tones originating from PSTN phone or a VoIP phone?  Is one method more succcessful than the other?

If calls are originating from the PSTN then perhaps G.711u Codec with InBand DTMF processing is more reliable.

If calls are originating from a VoIP phone, then I think AVT (RFC2833) DTMF processing (at both ends) may be most reliable.

If none of the above seems to effect results, try increasing the FXS Output Port Gain (Regional Settings tab).  Perhaps the IVR needs greater input level to detect tones reliably?

Regards,

Jeff - CQVoIP.net

Re: Missed DTMF -is it the ATA

It's a slow process as I have to go through the provider.

We use G.711. They have boosted FXS from -3 to -2. How far can they

go? In the passed when I boosted the dialogic board, I've had digits

repeated.

Views
Helpful
Replies