Helpful
Replies

PAP2T-NA will only work with one network switch

W0nderpr0_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I dont know if anyone has had this issue before and i would like some help

i bought a pap2t-na from ncix.com, got it and confgured it. Plugged it into a spare linksys router and bingo all is good......Time for me to move from that router to a bigger router that i use (cisco 2611).......Any way when i plug the pap2t-na into any other switch other than the one on the back of the linksys router it does not work......i have tryed it on a 2924, teg-160ws, 3com superstack 3300 and a dlink 24port dumb switch.......it will not respond to anything (ip, arp, anything)....plug it back into the linksys router and boom right away its good. Firmware is the latest and its set as a static ip.

Kyle.

3 Replies 3

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

The only thing I can imagine is that networks you are pluging the devices have a different IP address range than the one you assigned static to the PAP2T.

Regards

Alberto

Nope they are the same 100%. I went out and tryed it at two more friends houses and came to the conclusion it is somthing wrong with the unit itself. I bought another one and it works fine everywhere. So i am returning the first unit.

Dear Sir;

If you have not returned the unit, could you please send me a private message with the serial number and MAC address of the unit?

Regards
Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: