Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Point-to-Point CO line IP bridge with two SPA3102 devices

This is an odd situation I'm hoping you guys can help me out with.  I have a remote office location that has a back door intercom station I need to get tied in to my Panasonic PBX.  I was hoping to use a Viking W-1000 style intercom station, that would normally tie to an unused CO port on the phone system.  This works just like a standard CO line, the intercom station generates a ring into the PBX, like an incoming call from a normal analog line.  I was hoping to use a pair of Linksys/Cisco SPA3102 devices to  "bridge" this call together over our existing IP connections.  By that I mean a button push on the intercom station would go into the Line port on one of the SPA3102 units.  This unit would send the call via IP, and would then ring the Phone port on the other SPA3102 that is tied to the CO port on my phone system.

Intercom>>----(CO Line)----[SPA3102}===={IP Network}====[SPA3102]----(CO Line)---->>PBX CO Port

Does anyone know if this is possible?  Are there other devices that do this more easily?

This would have to happen without having to dial any extra numbers or PIN on the first SPA3102.

Not sure where to start on setting up the ports and linking the two SPA3102 units together properly.

Thanks for any help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

With what I understand your trying to do, The same configurations I have should be OK to make your scenario work. I have all the configurations available if anyone needs them.

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Wrong forum, try "small business, ATA and gateways"/

Yes it will work. (Theoretically) I just configured two 3102 to do something like that. We have configured a set to send dial tone to a paging terminal. Problem I am having right now is getting the ATA to accept the Analog Extention dial tone from the Panasonic PBX. I will not go off hook and grab the line. But it does with the configuration accept dial tone form our channel bank. Working on the Panasonic dial tone now.

Thanks Damon.  I'd be really greatful if you would share the settings for each of the 3102s with me.  I've been trying to work on this lately and getting next to nowhere.

On the dial tone side, I know that there was some discussions I saw about adjusting the voltage threshold on the ATA to allow it to properly see the line.  This could have something to do with your issue with the extension dial tone.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3096418#3096418

With what I understand your trying to do, The same configurations I have should be OK to make your scenario work. I have all the configurations available if anyone needs them.

Damon, THANKS A TON!  Your settings worked perfectly for what I am doing. (That is, once I actually typed them in properly.  It's amazing how big a deal a little colon in the routing table makes...)

For the sake of documentation for anyone in the future, I have the exact setup I described above and it is now working perfectly.  I did verify that the Viking W-1000 intercom would ring in to my Panasonic TDE-200 phone system on an analog port properly, before inserting the SPA units in between.  If you are going to use another intercom unit, or have a different phone system you'll have to verify that side of the equation yourself.

Hi Dwest. I'm working on a

Hi Dwest.

I'm working on a similar project. Would you be able to post your configuration?

Thanks!! :)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content