Provisionning is overwriting the DNS parameter on SPA122 when it should leave it alone
I've been updating our provisionning scripts to use the new SPA122 formats, and I've come accross an issue. The provisionning manual states that:
An empty element tag can be used to prevent the overwriting of any user-supplied values during a resync operation.
This works fine on the parameters I checked, but the DNS parameters gets ovewritten with 0.0.0.0 as primary and secondary DNS. I manually set the primary DNS to 188.8.131.52 and the secondary DNS to 184.108.40.206 and the DNS Order to Manual and then use the following provisionning file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
(The DNS_Order is there to verify that the file was treated properlly)
After the file is applied, the DNS Order is set to DHCP-Manual and the primary DNS is set to 0.0.0.0 and secondary DNS is set to 0.0.0.0
The DNS options should not be changed as per the documentation. Anyways to fix this (Yes, I know I can just not put the DNS parameter, but some parameters we need to change the "ua" without changing the value so the empty parameter was ideal)?
Provisionning is overwriting the DNS parameter on SPA122 when it
the problem is that it doesn't always work like that. The way it has always worked (even way back in the Sipura days) is that:
- fred sets the parameter to "fred" (overriding what was there)
- sets and empty value to "myParam" parameter (overriding what was there)
- does not modify the value of "myParam"
- Not including any "myParam" parameters does not modify the value of "myParam"
Here's the thing, it still works that way for other parameters (tested with ).
So there are different ways of working here. Here's my theory on this (and if Patrcik or anybody else can confirm this):
- The old-style that I described still works that way for all the old parameters
- The new-style that you've described applies to all the new parameters Cisco has added to the Sipura profile in the
- the "ua" attribute that specifies if the user account has read-only, read-write or no access to the parameter only works with the old-style parameters. Anything in the router-configuration ignores the "ua" parameter
Network Address Translation (NAT) Settings for Lines on PAP2T and SPA3102 Phone Adapters
The objective of this document is to configure Network Address Translation (NAT) settings for the lines of communication on the PAP2T ...
Speed Dial Settings on SPA100 Series
Speed Dial Buttons are often used to make the process of calling regularly used contacts quicker and with one button. This option is used in place of dialing the entire phone number in. ...
Firmware Upgrade on SPA112 and SPA122
To upgrade the firmware a specific file must be downloaded from the Internet and uploaded to the device. Upgrading your devices can be very useful. Firmware upgrades can fix software bu...