cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PSTN connection to Cisco Voice Gateway

TM13
Level 1
Level 1

We have old PSTN analog cable used for PABX, and we want to connect it to Cisco Voice Gateway , it can be connected via FXO card but the problem is we used 10 analog lines for getting simultaneously calls, is it possible to be solved via FXO cards? or need to look for different solution?

3 Replies 3

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SPA8800 have four FXO ports so you need three pieces of such equipment.

I'm not expert for this (you are on wrong forum for such kind of question) but something like Cisco 2911 + EVM-HD-8FXS/DID + 2xEM-HDA-6FXO may fulfill your requirements as well although it's so far from "cheap" solution.

Hi Dan,

I am just curious on the current topology, so wondering what is the most practical solution for Cisco Voice gateways for connecting to the Carrier company?

It seems that more important limit is - what's available in particular country. For example, in Europe, the FXO lines are no longer used for new "trunk" interconnections.

The most common solution for carrier-to-customer interconnection is E1/ISDN30 or bundle of ISDN2. Also, native SIP or H.323 trunks become common here.

We are not using Cisco Voice Gateway for interconnection at all. We decided to use other brand ISDN30<->SIP bridge in some countries and native SIP trunks in other countries. So sorry, I have no personal experience with such kind of equipment. And I suspect no one else will respond you here. Ask in more appropriate forum - this forum is dedicated to SMB ATA devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: