cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spa 112 call forward

iceandskate
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure an SPA 112 voip adapter to forward unanswered calls to my mobile phone. I have enabled this at the "Voice" menu under "Supplementary Service Subscription" and also at the "User" menu under "call forward settings".

It simply does not work.

Any ideas?

This is running on latest firmware 1.4.1

Thanks for your help

Jo

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

PBX can forward. SPA112 is not PBX, it just as upstream PBX to forward. Buit it doesn't mean the PBX will do it.

First you need to identify why it doesn't work. E.g. capture SIP dialog between SPA112 and upstream PBX. We need to see SPA112's requests and PBX's responses to identify the cause..

iceandskate,

If you capture the incoming call sip dialog to the SPA 112 you most likely will see the SPA 112 returning a Sip 302 Moved Temporarily message with the destination number of the new phone you wish the call forwarded to. When sending this message the SPA 112 does not itself manage the dialing the new number, it is up to the calling PBX or server to call the new number. A PBX will usually manage this request, however voip service providers often will not. Voip providers often have a customer DID management capability that their customer can invoke in their account to setup the call forwarding.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: