cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-122 issues

Motofreak
Level 1
Level 1

Well what can I say ?  we purchased a few 122's for testing & product evalation and with the latest firmware SPA1xx_1.1.0_011.bin about a week after flashing it, there is now static sounds and buzzing coming from spa-122 ata, once I swapped out the spa-122 for a good old pap2t or my 2102 units works like a charm sounds great and no issues period, Has anyone seen or heard of an issues reguarding  dialtone static/buzzing sounds?

Thanks

31 Replies 31

daniel.sirois
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

I just upgraded from a SPA2102 to a SPA122. I upgraded the manufactured firmware to the latest "1.2.1 (004) Jul 27 2012" and configure the SPA122 exactly the same as my 2102.

I was having the same issue "wierd loud noise when the phone is off the hook, can't hear Dial Tone", so I factory default the SPA122 and did the config as simple as it can get "net config + SIP account and pwd only". Same issue again. Mostly can be reproduced when I receive a new voice message in my inbox that trigger the Voice Msg indicator on the phone. Sound issue sample file here: http://goo.gl/EEzbc

I place a support request with Cisco to have a replacement, the new box does exactly the same.

I wonder, how did your issue got resolved, I found yours and someone else posting that people experiance the same strange noise until a power recycle is performed?

My other workarround is to receive a new call and answer it, then I'm ok until a new voice msg comes in... If I try to dial out, I can't hear the dial tone until a reboot or power cycle is performed...

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,27017941

Regards

Daniel S

I have not found an solution yet,  but a power cycle fixes this.

I have a few 112 & 122 units that all shown this noise issue. I have no clue what causes it but to fix it, power cycle, login into the ATA console reboot, or dial ****  then dial reboot works.

Various firmware from stock to the latest have shown this audio static and I have just simply given up on these unit,

So stick with the old 2102s because the Cisco 112 * 122 are very broken! Almost a year later after they release them. I can not give these units to my customers in good faith! 

Scott Petrie wrote:

So stick with the old 2102s because the Cisco 112 * 122 are very broken! Almost a year later after they release them. I can not give these units to my customers in good faith! 

I can agree with that statement.  I can't beleive they keep releasing broken firmware that requires a power cycle every 5 days to make them work, almost.

Hi Guys,

I've been working on this issue for a few weeks now with Cisco. This morning they sent me a BETA firmware for the SPA122: SIP User Agent:          Cisco/SPA122-1.3.0(008)

I was able with v"1.2.1 (004) Jul 27 2012" to reproduce within 10 min. with two diff. SPA122 the issue of the noise as indicated above.

After multiples tests today, everything looks good so far. Keep the faith, Cisco is working a lot on the issue and should release a new firmware soon. I will give it a few days test prior to says it's fully resolved.

You may ask them access to this BETA firmware to see if it also resolve your issue as mine. At least I won't be alone to test it...

Dan

Hi Daniel. I was also given that BETA firmware yesterday to test Call waiting w/ caller ID. It's still not working and now 1 of 2 SPA's is experiencing dropped calls after answering the SPA end.

Did call waiting w/ Caller ID work for you?

Hi George,

On the old firmware most of the time a new voice msg was left, the noise was present. So I had to disable to voice msg from my provider and simply forward any new voice mail in my email as a temporary workaround. My other workaround is dial-in with my cell to the SPA and answer, this kind of reset the weird noise until next occurrence. But as I mentioned to Cisco; after a few days (+- 4-5 days), that weird sound came back even without a new voice message triggered.

I can't say I tested the new firmware enormously yesterday, only a few calls and 5-8 voice msg... But yesterday it was working flawlessly for me, no dropped calls at allm CID and CWI was also working great. As I mentioned, I will give it a few days before I scream "it works".

I'm happy to know I'm not alone to test drive this Beta firmware. Keep me updated George, I'll do the same!

Regards

Dan

CWCID seems to work intermittently on some phone models (Brother FAX-575 fax machine/phone combo) and not at all on AT&T CL2909 model phone. (ATT phone is confirmed as working with CWCID on another device but doesn't work with SPA122)

I kicked my issue back to TAC Level 2 to research this further. Not getting a good feeling about this device.

Hi Daniel,

3 years later and a many firmwares updates later too (1.4.1 002), I have the same weird loud noise.

http://goo.gl/EEzbc

Did you finaly fix-it?

daniel.sirois
Level 1
Level 1

Well,

I've been running SPA122 Version 1.3.0 (015) for 2-3 weeks now and issue still there. Below is today's update on this issue from Cisco:

Hi Daniel,

This is a Case Status Update courtesy notice.

The issue you reported remains open with Engineering & Development teams

with ID: CSCud27804

We continue to wait for Engineering & Development teams to provide a

firmware that addresses the issue you reported.  We will notify you as soon as any updated information becomes available.

So I guest, we still need to be patient for a while.

Thanks Guys!

If you find something else, please keep this thread updated!

Regards

Daniel Sirois

I buyed the SPA122 and installed it last week. It crash too every one or two days. My provider VoiceMeUp don't support MWI, and it didn't crash when message is received. I monitor the router with SNMP and the CPU, Mem, and Virtual Memoy stop to respond before DNS and http. Few seconds or minutes later, DNS and http stopped to respond too.

This is now my main phone and I need it to be stable.

Where I can download the new firmware to test it?

Hi Frederic,

You will have to request the new beta firmware directly from Cisco, I can't send it to you directly, honestly it's not working better that the fw you may have, you are as stuck as me with this bad device, I use it for two line and starting to be very anxious that Cisco provide either a solution of replace that SPA122 with a model that work... it's been since September 27 that I'm having issue, very tired of it, it jam every 2-3 days. 3 months without fixe, unbelievable from Cisco.

Good luck.

Dan

daniel.sirois
Level 1
Level 1

Update from last Friday:

This is a Case Status Update courtesy notice.

The issue you reported remains open with Engineering & Development teams
with ID: CSCud27804

We continue to wait for Engineering & Development teams to provide a
firmware that addresses the issue you reported.  We will notify you as soon as any updated information becomes available.

Thank you for your patience

Hi Community,

Please check out this thread where I've posted a link to a release candidate of firmware if you'd like to test something unofficially.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3810260#3810260

Regards,

Patrick---

daniel.sirois
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

Receive today a special build to fix the noise issue.

The file name(s) is/are: Payton_1.3.2_009_031113_2324_pfmwr.bin

Will give it a few days of testing and let the result in this thread.

Dan