Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPA 122 with Polycom Equipment

I have a number of these devices, SPA 122's, set up at various customer sites with Polycom analog conference units running on a hosted telephony platform.  They are all running the latest firmware.  They all work great except for one problem.

A standard functionality of Polycom equipment is the ability to intercom other phones on the PBX using (* + 1 + Extension #).  However, the problem that I am running into is that the IRV default access is also done by selecting (*) from the analog device.  Is there a setting that I can change that would allow me to avoid this conflict?  I understand I may loose the ability to configure the ATA using the IVR and will neeed to use the web management.  This is fine.

Can anyone provide assistance with this?

2 REPLIES

Try the following.

Update the 'dial plan' (line tab) and the 'feature dial services codes' (regional tab).

In the dial plan, remove the *xx and put in *1xx. if you plan to dial *1 and 2 or more digits afterward.

In the feature dial services codes, put in the same *1xx.

Remove the default settings for Secure call in the Vertical Service Activation Codes, since those * codes start with *1.

Thank you.  I will try these changes to the ATA's and see if it resolves the issue.  I have confirmed it did already address one problem which involved the * function so it stands to believe it will address the other problems. 

Views
Helpful
Replies