cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spa-2100

rhoadesma
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for updated firmware for a Sipura spa-2100. I have not been able to find it anywhere on the website.

Where can I get it?

11 Replies 11

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

SPA2100 is End of Life since 2006, and there is no updated firmware for this product. Its replacement product is SPA2102.

Regards
Alberto

What was version was the last firmware update?
Can it be downloaded from somewhere?

I have a spa-2100 that is in good working order and has not been updated in a long time and would like to start using it again.

Can you send me an email to amontill at cisco.com, so that I can provide you with the firmware?

Regards;
Alberto

gehendeleiche
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Could you please help me?

I use a cisco spa2100-ss phone adapter and it reduces my bandwidth to 10MBps. That is to say, before plugging it to my computer I had a 100MBps internet connection via LAN. Can this problem be solved somehow? Perhaps upgrading the firmware will help?

Dear Sir;

My recommendation is that you dont plug in the PC to the SPA2100, but directly to the network router. SPA2100 router speed is 10 Mbps.

Regards
Alberto

Alberto, you know, I'm connected to the internet via LAN and my computer has got only one Ethernet port, so there is no other way to establish the internet connection apart from plugging in the LAN cable into phone adapter and consequent plugging in that adapter to the computer.

So as far as I've got no router is there any way of increasing the speed of the connection between the spa-2100 adapter and the PC?

Hi,

There is no way to increase the SPA2100's interface beyond its physical limitation of 10MB/s.

The suggestion is to deploy the SPA2100 as a LAN appliance by connecting it to a LAN switch. I've attached a diagram.

cap-746.jpg

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

freeman-a
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community:

am looking for a method of resetting my spa-2100 that was locked by an VSP who went out of business.

details here.  https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/7858

thanks

Hi freeman-a,

You're out of luck. The device is secure and does not provide any backdoors.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

Duplicate of https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/7913#7913

>Hi freeman-a,

>

>There is no way to break into a SP locked device. There are no backdoors. The device is useless to you at this time.

>

>Regards,

>

>

>Patrick

>----------

Dear Patrick:

thank you for answering.

however, there are several proceedures listed on various places on the net regarding a firmware upgrade that is aborted in process (perhaps that is not the best description) that will clear out any passwords.

also, what are the jumpers for? there is one three pin installed and one two pin not installed.

where can schematics for this device be obtained?

Regards, freeman-a

>Hi freeman-a,
>
>You're out of luck. The device is secure and does not provide any backdoors.
>
>Regards,
>
>Patrick

-----------

Dear Patrick:

that is NOT true. I UNLOCKED my spa-2100. why would you say such a thing? i now have admin, two line, and user access to my device.

why are schematics not available anywhere? the device is out of production and obviously SOMEONE has them.

for anyone who needs to unlock one of these or any in the Sipura/Linksys family, just email me. i have several solutions.

freeman-a

---

duplicate of https://www.myciscocommunity.com/message/8020

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: