RELEASE NOTES FROM FROM NEW FIRMWARE UPGRADE - 5.1.12
Seems to address some of the problems we are having.
Release Notes for -- Linksys SPA-2102 5.1.12
2102 -- 2 Port FXS, 2 Ethernet Interface (10/100 support)
Copyright (C) 2007 by Linksys, a Division of Cisco Systems, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
* * * * * * * * * * IMPORTANT * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
* Use of Proprietary Information and Copyright Notice: *
* This release note document contains proprietary information *
* that is to be used only by Sipura Technology, Linksys(R), *
* and Cisco Systems, Inc. customers. Any unauthorized *
* disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this *
* information is prohibited. This restriction includes *
* ALL Internet based discussion forums, e.g. DSLreports. *
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
/** NOTICE **/
--- External Notes ---
- New RC blink pattern. Power LED red-orange slow blink while
contacting server. Red-orange double blink if file not found
### Since 5.1.6 ###
- Avoid reboot following resync if only changes involve
Syslog_Server, Debug_Server, Debug_Level.
- XML configuration profiles can now specify parameter values
using 'value' attributes in empty tags, instead of enclosing
the value within start and end tags.
- Removed Polarity Reversal from the "DTMF(Denmark)" caller-id
method. Instead added a new "DTMF(Denmark) With PR" caller-id
method that behaves the same as the old "DTMF(Denmark)"
- "strict" dtmf tx mode works for AVT. Before it only works for
SIP info.For spa2100, the min. duration for dtmf detection is
strict mode for AVT: 70 ms
normal mode for AVT: 40 ms
strict mode for SIP info: 90 ms
normal mode for SIP info: 50 ms
- Added IVR option 1910,1920, 1911, 1921 to check and set SIP
transport setting for Line 1 and Line 2
- Accept %xx escape syntax in
For example %0d%0a will be unescaped into \r\n (CRLF)
- Allow each SIP message to be as large as 5119 bytes
- Added QoS policy feature to allow user to activate Qos only
when phone is in use. New parameter "QoS Policy" is added with
two options: "Always On" and "On When Phone In Use"
- If REGISTER results in a 301 response with a Contact header
that has a maddr URI parameter, and if the
is an IP address, the SPA will change the out proxy proxy address
to the value of the maddr address. This value will remain valid
until the next 301 response, if any, or will restore to the
originally configured value upon reboot.
- Added "DTMF Tx Strict Hold Off Time" in unit of milliseconds.
The parameter can be found under line 1 and line 2 tab of the
"admin/advanced" web page.It is in effect only when "DTMF Tx Mode"
is set to "strict", and when"DTMF Tx Method" is set to out-of-band;
i.e. either AVT or SIP-INFO.The default and minimum value is 90 ms.
If user inadvertently sets itto less than the default value, the
system will check and revert to the default value. There is no max
limit on what user can set of this parameter.A larger value will
reduce the chance of talk-off(beeping) during conversation,at the
expense of reduced performance of dtmf detection, which is needed
for interactive voice response system(IVR).
- When swapping calls in a call-waiting or similar situation, the
SPA will order the operations to make sure that call hold is
invoked before call resume.
- Use the value from the Retry-After header in a 5xx response to
Register request to schedule the next Register retry, if the header
is present. If this Retry-After is present, all the statically
configured retry timer values are ignored
- Do not accept Media Loop Back calls (reply Busy) if the phone is
already off-hook; If the user takes the phone off-hook while a
media loopback call is in session, the unit will end the media
loopback call immediately
- Added 2 new parameters. 1) Regional Tab
plays this ringback tone instead of
replies a SIP 182 response w/o SDP to its outbound INVITE request
(default value is same as
1s on and 1s off. 2) Line 1/2 Tab
When set to "yes", the SPA replies 182 to the caller if it is already
in a call and the phone is off-hook (default value is "no")
- Added support to 9 ring cadence and 3 preferred codecs.
--- External Notes ---
- Fixed this problem: The Tone information shown on Info page shows
incorrect tone for Ring tone
- Fixed this problem: Call info does not show FAX call and and the
encoder/decoder does not show T.38 on Info page when T.38 FAX
Relay is in progress;
- bug fix: QoS is always enabled if "Maximum Uplink Speed" was changed.
Even when line is idle.
- Fixed this problem: Daylight Saving Time is not correct if start
time is later then end time of the year in the
- Fixed this problem: Unit should ignore in-dialog re-INVITE if it has
not received ACK to the 200 response to the initial INVITE from the
caller. This condition might happen if the ACK was lost but the first
re-INVITE has already been sent by the peer.
- Fixed this problem: Unit should not filter out leading * or # digit in
the incoming caller id number, as these can be legitimate phone number digits
- Fixed this problem: Cannot detect DTMF digits on FXS port at 50ms on/off
during a call, even if
- Fixed constant reboot parameter corruption issue.
### Since version 5.1.10 ###
- Fixed this bug: If
- Fixed this problem:: DNS SRV prefix for SIP over TLS should be
_sips._tcp. instead of _sip._tls.
- Worked around this problem: some server will change the Contact
header's address in their response to the Spa's SIP REGISTER request,
so that the SPA cannot find the corresponding Contact in the response
and therefore may not be able to extract the proper expires value
inserted by the server. This is a problem if the expires value
inserted by the server in the response is smaller than the value in
the original SIP REGISTER request. The work around is to use the first
entry in the Contact header if an exactly matching address is not found.
- Disable QoS when unit boots up if QoS policy "On When Phone In Use" is
- Fixed certain continuous reboot conditions which cause the unit to become