cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 3102 - 5.1.10(GW) loosing settings

muhith.masih
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the above ATA with a local VSP but it keeps loosing the following settings even though they appear to be initially saved.

Voice/Line 1/Advanced

Outbound Proxy:

Use Outbound Proxy: yes

Register Expires: 3600

Preferred Codec: G711u

Use Pref Codec Only: yes

These are saved after "Submit All Changes" but after a while getting back to the page shows these settings to be

blank once again. I am not sure what is going on and I could not get any help from anyone. I have done the basic

resetting/power reset etc without any joy. I have also noticed that the ATA would randomly self reset itself like I notice

the clicking noise and the powering off and on but this observation does not appear to be linked with the settings

clearing.

Thanks for any advise please.

5 Replies 5

Some parameters are saved only when phone line is free. Try to disconnect all phone equipments from SPA and try again. Have you try to change your web browser? Have you try to program the SPA from a different PC?

If it doesn't work you can try to update the config from xml file via provisioning.

Regards.

Hi, Thanks for the assist. I disconnected the phone line and tried with another browser/machine along with active slogsrvr but I am still not seeing the settings saved. I will monitor it further. The settings appear to be saved and even survives a power down but after some unknown period they get reverted to default. Is there any doco to enable these via xlm without loosing my other VSP provided settings? Thanks again.

You can find informations about provisioning and XML files here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9893

Regards.

Hi, I just noted that the Provisioning tab has 'Provision Enable:' yes and if that is why my setting are being reverted to defaulst and wheather I should disable this option? Please advise anyone thanks.

Provisioning enable = yes is the default value.
You can try to set this option to no.
In this way the SPA use only web settings.

If it doesn't work check the warranty and ask for an RMA.

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: