Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 3102 caller ID not working

EdGarritsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting CID to work with my SPA 3102. I'm using SIP to call out (Voipbuster) and using the PSTN line to receive calls. When I switch off the SPA 3102, CID works fine on my incoming calls. I think I've tried every setting I think off (visited many forums):PSTN Ring Thru Delay, Caller ID Method, PSTN CID For VoIP CID = Yes, went back to the factory default, installed the lastest firmware 5.1.10, etc. In the info tab everytime the Last PSTN caller only shows a , .

I've captured some logging information of an incomming PSTN call, see attachment.

Any ideas on how I can get CID to work, thanks.

Edwin

Netherlands

26 Replies 26

which telco do you have UPC/KPN etc..?

had some trouble getting CID (pstn to voip) to work with a UPC line

Hi,

I'm using KPN as my telco (PSTN)

Regards,

Edwin.

Hi Patrick,

Any news or progress you can tell me?

Thanks,

Edwin

Hi Edwin,

I've just checked on the CDETS. There is no progress information documented.

I inserted a note to bump the issue.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Patrick,

Any progress on this.

Regards,

Edwin.

the cid detection was fixed in the latest firmware but then it messed up other things regarding cid name field where its not escaped or encapsulated in quotes and causing calls to fail when pstn to voip gateway is setup with pstn cid for voip cid enabled. In the device config there is one field that says escape contact but that does it to the contact address, not the from field which is still broken, plus the device doesnt have any option to override cid name and/or number.

in syslog the deivce gives TP parse error:32 and below is the cid detection

FXO:Start CNDD
caller id parse number=065619999
fxo cnddwrap_feed parse ok 065619999  status=2
-- Caller ID:
--     Name             = ]▲╨
--     Remote Number    = 065619999
--     Dialable Number  = (null)
--     No Number Reason = (null)
--     No Name Reason   = (null)
--     Message Waiting  = (null)
--     Date and Time    = 05/11 12:06
FXO:CNDD name=]▲╨, number=065619999
FXO:Stop CNDD
FXO:CNDD Name=]▲╨ Phone=065619999
System started: ip@192.168.0.2, reboot reason:H0
System started: ip@192.168.0.2, reboot reason:H0
        subnet mask:    255.255.255.0
        gateway ip:     192.168.0.1
        dns servers(1): 192.168.0.1

EdGarritsen
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco,

Any progress in solving this problem. I'm losing hope that I will ever get Caller ID working on my device.

Regards,

Edwin.

Hi Edwin,

The product management team are putting a list of modifications together in order to schedule Engineering resources to correct the CID problems on this device.

I don't have a schedule date available, but will remind Product Management that this issue is important to you and many other customers.

Regards,

Patrick

-----------

For anyone reading this (oldish!) thread - the latest firmware update sorted it for me... I had the 3xx version now have 5.2.13

Caller id works pstn 100% now (Germany) - couldnt get it to work with old firmware- (only worked voip)

btw- I  needed to use the tftp update method - could get the exe file to work.- failed to connect.(Windows7 ult - tplink tlwr1043nd (ddwrt))

Thanks Patrick for getting this sorted.

rgds Egg

I only wish that were the case in the UK. I cannot get Caller ID  working. That last PSTN caller is not shown on the spa3102  web/admin/voice/advanced page internally the last pstn called number is  shown.

The last previous firmware was 3.3.6 currently the spa3102 has 

Product Information
Product Name:SPA-3102Serial Number:FMxxxxxxxxx
Software Version:5.2.13(GW002)Hardware Version:1.4.5(a)
MAC Address:xxxxxxxxxxxxxClient Certificate:Installed
Customization:Open

I  can post any config needed if someone can assist me with this. I have  read about everything I can find on the web over the last few weeks and  cannot find an answer to this.

I MUST STRESS THAT I AM IN THE UK so US or other solutions do not work!

Any help or assistance appreciated.

Best regards

Anthony

See

dutchadept
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edwin,

I experience the same difficulties with CID and KPN, I shared my experiences in this thread (5th page):

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3095889#3095889

Regards,

Alex