Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPA 3102 - PSTN CID is NOT correctly piked up under 'Last PSTN Caller:" parameter

Hi All

I have seen the following recommendation from One Patrick Born from the cisco forum under a different subject. Actually after this setting my SPA started giving the “Last PSTN number” field with PSTN number. But it was not consistent and now it is NOT working at all. Please refer the Trace logs of successful picking and unsuccessful picking. Also I attached my SPA config pages as an HTML file

Today’s Log files attached are ….

syslog.514 (SPA3102) 21OCT2013

syslog.514 (PAP2T) 21OCT2013

SPA3102.HTM

Voice tab > Regional tab > Miscellaneous >

Caller ID Method: ETSI DTMF

Caller ID: [try bell 202]

Voice tab > PSTN Line > International Control >

FXO Port Impedance: 270+(750||150nF)

On-Hook Speed: 3 ms(ETSI)

Current Limiting: yes

If you look at the syslog ‘syslog.514.SL(SPA3102) 20OCT2013’ it was from my Sri Lanka side SPA3102. This log you can see the PSTN number correctly picked up under this line (FXO:CNDD Name= Phone=112502507). That time PSTN number used was 0112502507. Now as I said SPA is no more picking the PSTN number any more. For 21 OCT test for Syslog I used another PSTN number 0332287190. But in the log it is nowhere picked and even in the SPA 'info' page also shows BLANK under ‘Last PSTN Caller :’. With this you can analyze the polarity reversal and other relevant parameters. However I am not very well conversant with polarity reversal etc. though I used the word. Please try to help me with slightly less technical explanations. I am not saying I am Zero in technical but in to some extent yes I can understand.

Many Thanks     

• ATAs Gateways and Accessories
4 REPLIES
VIP Gold

SPA 3102 - PSTN CID is NOT correctly piked up under 'Last PSTN C

Well, althougth I hav eno SPA3102, such problem seems not to be "model specific". Correct settings of Caller ID Method, Caller ID, FXO Port Impledance and polarity are essential. Incorrect parameters may cause the CALLER ID transfers are unreliable and even slight change in line condition may cause it become unavaiable at all. Unfortunatelly, there is nothing like "common correct settings". Correct settings are tied to telco-operator supplying the FXO line. Sri Lanka Telecom may not have same settings as Lanka Bell. It may be necesarry to ask your's telco for parameters or try to search for it within Telecommunications Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka's documents.

Althougth I know nothing about Sri Lanka telco's settings, ETSI DTMF+BELL 202 sounds suspicious to me ...

Hi Dan..My testing put on

Hi Dan..

My testing put on hold as my SPA3102 burnt sometimes a go due to strike. I got it back now. Recently I discovered if the PSTN Line is having with CLI/CID enabled then PSTN to VOIP Call is not establishing with the standard parameters. But other-way (VOIP to PSTN) works well OK. Basically it works well with the PSTN lines without CLI/CID. I guess when with CLI it will have different voltage levels in the line.?  Would you let me know what are the parameters I need to set in order to SPA to work with PSTN line which enabled CLI/CID please ? This situation is under Sri Lanka Telecom PSTN lines.

Also as per the above recommendation I haven't had a chance to test the ETSI DTMF+BELL 202 in order to pick the 'Last number PSTN' number..

Would you think I need to open up a new discussion for my Today's question ?

SPA 3102 - PSTN CID is NOT correctly piked up under 'Last PSTN C

According to attachement :

Caller ID Method:Belcore (change it to ETSI FSK)

PSTN Answer Delay:3 (increase to 4, for testing increase to 7)

Parameters are different from one switch to other. so its basicaly depend on your exchange area. SLT recently upgraded many areas for highspeed internet (NGN).

Regards, Asanga

Hi AsangaSame reply for you

Hi Asanga

Same reply for you as well......

My testing put on hold as my SPA3102 burnt sometimes a go due to strike. I got it back now. Recently I discovered if the PSTN Line is having with CLI/CID enabled then PSTN to VOIP Call is not establishing with the standard parameters. But other-way (VOIP to PSTN) works well OK. Basically it works well with the PSTN lines without CLI/CID. I guess when with CLI it will have different voltage levels in the line.?  Would you let me know what are the parameters I need to set in order to SPA to work with PSTN line which enabled CLI/CID please ? This situation is under Sri Lanka Telecom PSTN lines.

Also as per the above recommendation I haven't had a chance to test the ETSI DTMF+BELL 202 in order to pick the 'Last number PSTN' number..

Would you think I need to open up a new discussion for my Today's question ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.