Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-8800 and ATA-186 Implementation

verni.hernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello...

I want to use in the headquarter an SPA-8800 to be conected with my Panasonic PBX using the FXO interfaces, and in the branch offices I want to use ATA-186 to receive the extension from the Panasonic in an analog phone.

I do not know if the SPA-8800 and the ATA-186 can communicate using SIP without a Proxy Server.

Attached is a diagram of the solution

Could anybody tell me if my idea could be implemented? or what I have to use

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Verni;

Do you want to use the 186 for any specific reason? This is a non-tested configuration so I'm not 100% sure it will work.

If possible, I would suggest to change the ATA 186 by SPA2102 in each place. SPA2102 is very affordable and works properly with SPA8800.

Please note I'm not saying It will not work, but I don't know, maybe other people in the forum can provide the right answer

regards
Alberto

View solution in original post

The SPA8800 supports 4 FXS/FXO ports, so you can connect up to 4 ports, either to 4 SPA2102 (each using one port only) or 2 SPA2102 (each using the two ports). Depends more on number of locations (if you have one location then two SPA2102).

Regards
Alberto

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Verni;

Do you want to use the 186 for any specific reason? This is a non-tested configuration so I'm not 100% sure it will work.

If possible, I would suggest to change the ATA 186 by SPA2102 in each place. SPA2102 is very affordable and works properly with SPA8800.

Please note I'm not saying It will not work, but I don't know, maybe other people in the forum can provide the right answer

regards
Alberto

Alberto,

Thank you for you answer and your suggestion.

The use of the ATA 186 is only for the analog ports, in this case the SPA2102 could be a good solution.

I have other question, the SPA8800 works well with SPA2102 but, how many SPA2102 can I use in this scenario?

Regards

Verni Hernandez

The SPA8800 supports 4 FXS/FXO ports, so you can connect up to 4 ports, either to 4 SPA2102 (each using one port only) or 2 SPA2102 (each using the two ports). Depends more on number of locations (if you have one location then two SPA2102).

Regards
Alberto

Alberto,

Thank you for the information.