Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

SPA 8800 - I can't log in

Hi, I'm having troubles accesing a SPA 8800 via Web. I set a password, but several days after I can't log into the SPA 8800 using the same password that I set before. Any idea? I know that I can do a factory reset, I did it one time but I don't want to do it again. is it normal this bug?

Thank you!

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

SPA 8800 - I can't log in

Hi Ramon,

Two things I can think of that could be causing this:

1. If the SPA8800 is being configured by a configuration file, perhaps there's a different password in the file. This would result in you setting a password via the web-User Interface and then when the device resyncs or reboots, it will pull the configuration file and replace the password that you set.

2. Another cause could be that you access the SPA8800 using the browser and leave the browser open. You then open another browser and set the password. Later on you come back, go to the first browser window, make some other change and apply the changes. This will save the original/no password to the SPA8800.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Views
Helpful
Replies