Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA1001 Caller ID Method

artbio1001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have some questions. Who defines the "Caller ID Method" and "Caller ID FSK Standard"? Does that depend on the voip service provider. Or on the phone equipment connected to the SPA1001?

The reason I ask this is because I have tried every "Caller ID Method" availabe on the ATA. And none works correctly. The "Bellcore" one is almost working. However it doesn't translate the "+" international prefix to "00". Analog telephones bought here shouldn't work with "bellcore". I am from Portugal (Europe). Instead one of the ETSI standards should be supported.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sir;

This depends on the phone/country you are at. Every country has their on caller ID standard (from a set of available ones). If you are in Portugal, the theory says that you should use ETSI FSK standard, however, it is very typical that phones may support a different caller ID. Bellcore is used broadly, and if caller ID is working then this is the one you should use.

Please note caller ID std does not cover translation from + to 00. It is the ITSP the one who should perform the mapping for you. Your ITSP is not performing the maping.

Regards
Alberto

Thanks Alberto for your reply.

So Bellcore is working. Except for the "+" sign. The service provider isn't translating. However the service provider accepts dials without the "00". And that's ok for me.

Regards.