cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spa112 callerid not showing in Avaya Partner ACS Ver 6

enterc123
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco SPA112 feeding pots lines into an Avaya Partner ACS system.... when we hook an analog phone to the Cisco SPA112, it DOES show the Caller ID info, and various logging has shown the Caller ID info IS coming from the Cisco box

BUT it does not show in the phones attached to the Avaya Partner ACS System - there is some format, impedience, protocol issue as to what is coming out of the Cisco box, and what the Avaya Partner needs to process/display Caller ID info -

The CallerID   IS SHOWING when we use other ATA and MTA devices that convert VOIP to POTS lines. We have used Comcast and other MTA devices for years - we are using an InnoMedia MTA6328-2Re, and it works, so we know it is possible for an MTA/ATA device to work with the Avaya Partner System - this seems to be a matter of changing the settings in the Cisco SPA112 to output the format/technical specs the Avaya Partner needs to see in order to display the CallerID info, as it is with other devices

9 Replies 9

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. Wrong forum. SPA112 is ATA, not IP Phone.

2. CID protocol, line parameters: FXS Port Impedance and FXS Port Input/Output Gain needs to be set according ACS wishes and local loop parameters. Improper setting may distort the signal, so CDN is not recognized. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with ACS requirements, consult documentation or ask support. Or just try 900+2.6uF/-10/-10 - it may or may not work for you.

3. CID protocol, low level: As far as I know, the ACS is using Bellcore FSK with Bell202 (at least by default), so SPA112 needs to be configured accordingly. The data itself are transmitted between first and second ring. So your ACS must not pick up the call before second ring. If you are using Auto Attendant configure ACS's AA pickup parameter to fulfill the requirements. Note you need at least 2 full rings for CLID to work. If you configured the SPA112 to ring using 2 short rings instead of one normal ring (e.g. Australia or the United Kingdom ring pattern), the ACS counts the 2 short rings. You just have to double the rings in AA to compensate for it.

4. CID protocol, high level: Caller ID may be sent as either SDMF or MDMF message. I wish the SPA112 is using MDMF and ACS is accepting both by default, so it may not be issue.

Hope it help.

Rate useful responses and/or mark them as correct. It will help others to found solutions.

DolphSantorine
Level 1
Level 1

Did you come up with a solution for this?

I'm having exactly the same problem with an SPA-122 ATA and an ACS.

It works on a number of other devices (DirecTV/Cheap Phone), but the ACS does not like the CallerID that the SPA-122 is providing.

Let me know. Thanks.

Dolph

No one will come with solution unless someone will describe the issue in full.

As long as no one know ACS requirements related to CID transmission, no one can tell proper settings for SPA112 that will fulfill ACS's wishes. Read ACS's documentation or call Avaya's support to obtain necessary informations.

Javier0011111
Level 1
Level 1

I have the SPA122 and I am having the same issue.

I called ringcentral high end support and after looking at the advanced config there was only two or 3 options I can change  but did not work.

I am currently looking at the configuration of the caller I'd on the avaya partner acs systems and will post it here hoping one of you Cisco gurus can show me another way to change the Cisco ATA config.

I'll keep you guys posted

markcQWKnet
Level 1
Level 1

I know this is an old post, but I recently obtained a client that has the same ACS and ATA and experiencing the same issue.

Wondering if anyone who replied has found a resolve that works?

Same issue, same advice.

As long as no one know ACS requirements related to CID transmission, no one can tell proper settings for SPA112 that will fulfill ACS's wishes. Read ACS's documentation or call Avaya's support to obtain necessary informations.

markcQWKnet
Level 1
Level 1

I found the issue and the resolution after hours of online searching. I hope this link is okay to post here. If not PM me and I will send it to you.

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1681489

Issues: gain levels inconsistent or not present on the ACS POTS interfaces

Resolve: adjust gain levels (recommended levels wre -3 to -5, -5 worked for me)

I have a very similar situation -- SPA122 feeding to a Partner ACS.  Can't get Caller ID working on the Partner system.  

Note that when I replace the SPA122 with a Comcast Arris adapter, Caller ID works just fine.  (I'm using Comcast for a fax line only.)  I have no way of looking into the setting of the Comcast Arris box, so I have no way of knowing what is set correctly on it, compared to the settings on the SPA122.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated.  Everything else appears to be working correctly... just no Caller ID.

BTW, what firmware version are you running on your SPA device?

Thanks!

Hallelujah!  I got it working.  I reset the FXS gain (input and output) from the default of -3 to -10.

This appears to work for firmware versions 1.4.0 and 1.4.1.