cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA112 MWI Message waiting indicator not clearing.

gossamer2
Level 1
Level 1

I seem to have a problem with the Message Waiting inticator on my phones. I have bought two SPA112's and they both seem to have the same problem with different phones.

Basically, when someone leaves a message, the MWI turns on on the phones attached, but when the message is read, the MWI does not clear.

I can see on the web interface that the "Message Waiting" shows "No", and in the debug log, I can see:

Event: message-summary

Content-Type: application/simple-message-summary

Content-Length: 94

Messages-Waiting: no

Message-Account: sip:asterisk@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Voice-Message: 0/0 (0/0)

But at this point, the MWI is still lit. It seems to clear after the unit goes through a provisioning cycle and resets though.

Anyone else having a problem with MWI?

Running:

Product Name:    SPA112
Software Version:    1.0.2(006)

Hardware Version:   

12 Replies 12

gossamer2
Level 1
Level 1

Just to add to my testing... I have tried my old Sipura SPA-3000 device and have compared all the settings to my SPA-112, and everything seems to be the same. The SPA-3000 will turn on and off the MWI properly, but the SPA-112 will turn the MWI on, but not off. I'm thinking that this may have something to do with the similar posts about caller-id not working, which I am also experiencing problems with the same as everyone else.

I see the same thing. I believe every now and then it will reset, but mostly not. I just installed the update 1.1.0(008) which fixes the caller id issue, but the MWI issue is there after the upgrade as well as before. I also don't think it gets reset after a resync (=provisioning?) cycle.

Where did you get this version 1.1.0(008) from? I don't see it available for download.

You call 866-606-1866 and talk to an agent, who opens a case and escalates it. Then you have to sign a beta testers agreement (if you haven't signed one already I guess), and they you a link for downloading the firmware.

FYI I was told by Cisco support that this is a known issue w/ no ETA for a fix. Considering how long is it taking to officially release a fix for the caller id bug, I wouldn't expect anything any time soon.

Thanks Dale for the update. I was able to get 1.1.0(009) by calling the number as you suggested so my caller-id works now. I'm in the process of sending them logs and stuff for the MWI problem, but they didn't tell me that they were working on this problem, so thanks for the update!

Just wondering if you have been told anything about a possilbe eta for a fix to the MWI issue.

Nothing yet. I've just been told it has been escalated to engineering and development teams. Awaiting more info.

dummytoto10
Level 1
Level 1

Same thing on SPA122. Just updated firmware to 1.1.0 (011) to fix the CID bug. But MWI bug still not fixed. This is unacceptable from Cisco to deliver product on market with such bad quality of QA. First the Caller ID problem, now the MWI flashing all the time. Guys, let's put it on the market, then we 'll fix it. What a terrible approach. Not very client oriented.

Brand new SP122! Spent time to debug with my VOIP provider to figure out that the adapter had a bug with the CID.

Spent time to debug with my VOIP provider to figure out that the adapter had a bug with the MWI. What a world!

I'm guessing this one is going to be around for awhile. It took months to release a fix for the caller ID problem, which I think was more of a deal breaker than this one. From glancing at other threads it also looks like there are bugs such as the ata periodically losing  registration that no doubt have higher priority. It's kind of interesting RE the caller ID bug - I didn't see that problem listed in either the known problems for earlier releases or the fixed problems for the 1.1.0 (011) release - it's like Cisco is embarassed to admit it was there. Anyway, I'm nearing the end of my return window so I'm probably going to jettison the spa112 soon.

Lo and behold, I received a call from Cisco support today informing me that a beta release fixing the MWI problem is available. So far it looks ok. The version I downloaded is 1.2.0 (015). My opinion of Cisco's support for this product is on the upswing.

moisansyl20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Is there someone who has received an update from Cisco about the release of the new firmware? I was about to search for a solution for this issue. I'm using SPA122 and since it uses the same firmware as the SPA112, I won't search no more. I have the same problem: MWI on the phone doesn't refresh. The dial-tone is ok, but the lignt on my phone still lit...

Regards.

Has this problem been fixed?

Visual Message Waiting Indicator signal or state is not being cleared?

Because I'm still seeing this (LED on my phone is still flashing) even though I've cleared all voice messages.  Running the most recent firmware (August 2017) on my SPA-112.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: